Chapter 29

Jennie woke up with a slight headache and feeling groggy when she remembered everything.

"Oh my god, Ella!" She was about to stand up from the bed when her bedroom door opened and she saw the little figure of her daughter, followed by her parents.

"Mommy!" Ella came running to her and she tightly hugged her daughter.

"Oh my god, you are safe! Thank you! Thank you!" She showered kisses on her daughter's face then hugged her again.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?" Jennie asked her daughter.

"I am fine! Mommy saved me!" Ella said.

That's when Jennie remembered Lisa.

"Where is she?" I asked my parents. I saw them exchanging looks, and no one bothered to answer.

"I will take Ella to her room first," my dad said. He guided Ella out of the room, leaving me and my mom alone.

"Mom, what's wrong? Where is Lisa?" I asked her. She did not want to think of anything else, but she can feel her hands starting to get cold.

"Well, you see, Lisa is-" then my bedroom door opened once again, and Lisa entered the room.

"Lisa is here, you see?" My mom said with a glint of mischievousness in her eyes.

"Mom!" Jennie whined.

"Why? Did I say something wrong? Oh well, I will just leave you guys alone," my mom said.

Lisa joined me in my bed when my mom left.

Jennie pushed Lisa on her shoulder and looked at her accusingly.

"Awww... Woman, what's that about?" Lisa asked me.

"Why did you drug me?" Jennie asked her.

"You needed to calm down, Jennie. You have been hysterical for hours, I was worried something might happen to you," Lisa said.

"I told you, did not I? That 'we' will save our daughter?" Jennie accused her.

"Yes, and we did just that," Lisa said while caressing Jennie's arms.

"How? You were in danger, our daughter was in danger, and here I am, sleeping like nothing was wrong???" Jennie said. She felt cheated, but most importantly, she felt guilty that she did not do anything.

"And how do you think I would feel if I knew you were not in good condition before I left? I cannot worry about you while I was saving Ella, I could not have my focus be divided between you and her last night. Please understand," Lisa explained. She leaned closer and hugged Jennie.

Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa's body. "I'm sorry. I was just so scared," she murmured.

"It's okay. You don't have to be scared anymore," Lisa said

"Where is Kai, by the way?" Jennie remembered to ask about him.

"He is dead," Lisa simply answered.

Though Jennie somehow knew this is how it is going to end up, she still could not believe it.

"How?"

"It was Hanbin who pulled the trigger. He actually saved Ella and me because I could not react given the situation," Lisa said. Jennie did not want to hear any more from it, she was just glad that everything is over.

"You're not hurt?" Jennie asked Lisa.

"I'm Lisa, I'm okay." (A/N Happy Birthday Jisoo!)

"You're not hurt?" Jennie asked Lisa.

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me," Lisa said. She gave Jennie a soft kiss on the lips.

"Lisa, I want to tell you something. I have been thinking about this for quite some time already," Jennie said.

"Yeah? What is it?" Lisa asked her.

"Will you marry me?" Jennie said straightly on her face.

Lisa was not able to react when she heard those words.

"Why do you look surprised? Don't tell me you haven't thought about it?" Jennie asked her again. Still, Lisa did not say a single word, and it's making Jennie worried.

"Lisa?"

"I'm sorry," Lisa said.

Jennie did not know what should be her reaction when she heard those words.

"You're sorry? Why?" Jennie asked her.

"I can't," Lisa said.

"You can't, what? You can't marry me?" Tears were starting to build in her eyes. Was marriage not included in Lisa's plan for their future?

"No, I cannot accept your proposal," Lisa told her.

"What does that even mean?" Jennie asked her, confusion is evident on her face.

"It means, I should be the one to propose, not you," Lisa said while smiling. Jennie rolled her eyes because she understood Lisa was just playing with her a while ago.

"And what difference does it make if you propose and not me?" Jennie asked her.

"It's only proper that I will do it," Lisa argued.

"Okay, fine. So, ask me now. Propose to me now," Jennie demanded her.

"I can't," Lisa said.

"You can't still? What is it now?" Jennie asked exasperatedly.

"I don't have a ring." Jennie rolled her eyes when she heard it. "What? It's the tradition, right?" Lisa said.

"You know what? Just tell me if you have no plans on marrying me," Jennie pushed Lisa away and was about to stand up but Lisa pushed her down on the bed and pinned her body.

"I was just messing with you," Lisa said while grinning. "While it is true that I don't have a ring to offer with you, yet, marrying you has always been my dream, Jennie. I love you so much that sometimes it scares the hell out of me with how much love I feel for you, but a life without you scares me more. Your face is the one I wanna see every waking moment of my life and the last I
see every night. I don't want to spend a single day without seeing your face, without hearing your voice, without smelling your skin, and without tasting your lips."

"Jennie Kim, the love of my life, the mother of my precious daughter, the only woman who can drive me crazy, and the only one who has me wrapped around her tiny fingers, will you marry me?" Lisa asked her. Her eyes showing the pureness of love she feels for the woman who's face was already covered in tears.

"Are you proposing, like really proposing now?" Jennie asked her while sobbing.

"What do you think?" Lisa asked her while smiling. She leaned down and kissed her tears away.

"Of course, Lisa, of course I will marry you. I can't wait to start a new chapter of my life with you and our daughter," Jennie caressed her face before sealing their proposal with a kiss.

---------
This is just a short chapter to give way to the last chapter of The Heiress and The Bodyguard.

Yazzz you heard it right, next chapter will be the final chapter (don't touch me rn 🤧)

Give me enough patience to finish it tonight because if not, I don't know when I will have the time to write again. You know the holiday is already over and tomorrow, everything will go back to normal.

I don't know why I feel so sad right nowwwww