Chapter-3 {Edited}

💙

|The darkness when seeps, I search for a home that I realised was no more|

by medicallymessedup

•present•

"The guy and his family are coming tomorrow to meet our Baby." Mamta declared happily while Ruchi's face turned pale as she heard the conversation from the kitchen while preparing the tea for everyone.

"Do you need some help with work, Bhabhi? Do tell me if anything is needed." Sunil, her father asked instead of inquiring about the prospective match's credentials with whom he was ready to part away with his one and only daughter .

"I have made all the arrangements, Sunil!" Mamta replied when her sister-in-law intervened.

"There's no need for doing things extravagantly. They already like her and it's just a formality meeting and all. The boy's parents want to get their elder son married soon. They have enough money that she could survive like a princess that you all have brought her up as and she doesn't need to study further if that's your concern for doing a job." Sushma, her paternal aunt said gulping the tea while savoring the snacks.

A lump formed in Ruchi's throat thinking about her studies. It still had time for the university to get finished and her Aunt was being so judgy about her working ideals.

Does marrying a girl meant seizing away her basic wishes!

An underlying impulse to retort overwhelmed Ruchi when Sujal, her BadePapa, spoke up.

"She always aspired to build a business empire of her own." He stated. "She will study and do a desirable job until and unless she wishes for a break herself. My daughter had always been a meticulous topper and she won't be parting with her talent for the sake of someone else." Sujal announced, making Ruchi a little bit relieved.

"We will go ahead with this only if Ruchi wishes and approves of the guy too." Mamta affirmed. "Sushma she's the daughter of this house which ought her to be a princess for her family." She replied calmly.