Long Road Ahead

No Ones POV

Meredith had been awake for 2 hours now. Most of that time consisted of constant tests, MRI's, CT's, and bloodwork. When she woke up, Bailey was there to greet her. So naturally Meredith asked how long she was asleep. She also brought up the concern that she could hear anything and everything while she was asleep. Bailey said it was normal she could hear stiff but wanted to get an MRI just because this sort of thing has not happened to many people before. Meredith asked when she could start seeing her friends. Bailey said soon, but just because she didn't want to rush her into anything, she would only let one person in at a time.

The first person Bailey sent in, was Cristina. They mostly caught up on drama that were happening around the hospital. One thing they talked about was how Derek and this scrub nurse started dating it was going well until they got into a little fight about how much time Derek was spending with Meredith. It ended up with Rose, the scrub nurse, cutting Derek's hand with a scalpel accidently.

"Wait! Are you serious!?" Meredith exclaimed as she cringed in pain immediately pressing her hand to her stomach trying stop the pain

"Yeah, I am serious. Do you want more pain meds? Wait, why are you not on any pain meds?" Cristina said glancing up at the monitors.

"My dead mommy was a drug addict, just trying to be careful." Meredith said through her teeth

"That doesn't mean you will be, but whatever. I mean you are freaking force of nature"

Cristina then filled her in on the new romances happening in their friend group. She explained that the hospital merged with Mercy West and that brought a whole new wave of people. Meredith watched her as Cristina explained the new people. Jo Wilson, a pretty, pretty girl who Alex immediately had a crush on. Jackson Avery, no doubt part of the Avery Foundation. Apirl Kepner, farm girl who was smart and was the know it all of the group. Lastly, Lexie Grey, the girl who didn't come from Mercy West and was a just a transfer. 

"Meredith, she is claiming to be your half sister. Also she is like really smart, she skipped the last year of Med school, I didn't even know that was possible!" Cristina said 

"Well, I knew my father remarried but I stopped talking to him a long time ago." Meredith explained.

"Lexie wants to see you, when I told her what happened to you she broke down crying like she had known you all your life. It was kinda pathetic really!"

................................................................................................................................................................

The next person Meredith saw was Alex. It was a very boring conversation all they talked about was how Meredith really felt about the attack. Meredith loved that Alex was there, they were never really that close but he always made sure Meredith was ok. Meredith brought up Jo and Alex looked at her, rolled his eyes, and left saying, "You and Cristina are something else."

More people filtered in and out. On of those people was Dr. Bailey. She had decided they need to talk about her recovery plan.

"I know you probably do not wanna talk about his right now but it needs to get said. The other doctors and I have come up with plan to get back to your normal self." Dr. Bailey explained

"Fine, whatever you say." Meredith mumbled back looking at her hands as she fidgeted with her thumbs

"So, the first thing is your leg. To go home we want to to be able to walk down the hall and back on crunches. Next, your arm. It seems to be doing just fine, a little bit of PT and you should be good to go. Now, I think you are going to need therapy." Dr. Bailey started to say but she got cut off by Meredith.

"Uh no, I am not going to therapy. That is absolutely not happening. I am fine, I am always fine. You know that."

Dr. Bailey decided to keep her mouth shut for now but knew Meredith was eventually going to give in. She continued with the rest of the plan but after awhile looked up to see Meredith asleep, so she left. A sigh escaping her lips as she left.

................................................................................................................................................................

Derek shyly walked into Meredith's room with a handful of flowers. He saw that Meredith was awake, he was about to leave when he heard Meredith sit up and grumble at him for ignoring her.

"Oh um, I was just coming to apologize." Derek looked up at Meredith, waiting for approval. She waved her hand indicating him to continue, but faster.

"I'm sorry for what I said, I am still in love with you. I ended things with Addison the day after your big surgery. I couldn't wait to be with you. I still believe what I did that one day, that you like coming up for fresh air, I was drowning and you saved me. I still believe that with my whole heart. I look at you and your smile, it lights up the room. You are so perfect." Derek finished tearing up, with the flowers still in hand

"I could hear you when I was alspee you know. I heard all your apologizing but most importantly, I heard you say 'I hate you'. How am I supposed to trust someone that talked about me like that behind my back, in front of my face."

Derek looked stunned, he couldn't comprehend what had just been said to him. He remembered that day, before he came in he had been really drunk  and Dr. Webber had just told him to go home and not come back for 2 weeks to get a hold of himself, temporary fired he had called it.

"I-I hear you but you don't understand the whole situation, I had been temporary fired and I was drunk, very drunk and somehow, I blamed it all on you. If you hadn't been attacked, I wouldn't have gone out to drink that night. I needed to blame someone. I realized the next day that I had been wrong, if you recall, I came back the next day and was here the whole day holding your hand. I understand you won't trust me right away, but please let me make it up to you. Like I said, you have to get to know me to love me."

Meredith couldn't help but chuckle at that statement. she relectly told him that it was ok and he could try again but wasn't going to get into anything to serious until she trusted him again. He placed the flowers by her bed and leaned down to give her a hug, she immediately flinched, playing back in her mind when the attacker picked her up.

"Oh, uh sorry. Not quite ready to confined or cornered yet." She looked up shyly at him

"Oh it's ok I get it." Derek said as he back off, grabbed a chair, and set by her bedside, holding her hand as she feel asleep

Sorry, I feel this is my worst chapter by far. Leave some ideas in the comments please, I don't know where to go from here. I have one idea but that might not fill the whole chapter and very scatterbrained lol. Thank you for all the views and votes!!