Chapter One

Konoha is buzzing with life. The sun is shining brightly down on the busy streets of the Village Hidden in the Leaf. I walk unnoticed between the crowd, trying my best to avoid their legs or hands. People are walking aimlessly, not caring about others, hurrying somewhere.

I bite my lip as I continue walking through them, trying to avid their upcoming limbs. I sigh in relief as I stop in front of the familiar shop. I have never been here alone, always having my brother to accompany me. I step closer and push the door open, letting the scent of iron hit my nostrils.

The shop is half empty. Only several people walking around the aisles, looking through different weapons. At the sound of bell the shop owner, Tarashi-san looks at my direction, his eyes widening at my sight. Without hesitation I start walking towards the bald, a bit chubby man behind the counter.

"Pink Lady." Tarashi-san gives me a small, sad smile. "How can I help you?" He asks gently, as if I am a doll that can be broken at any given seconds.

"Hello, Tarashi-san." I smile at the man in front of me politely. I try to push annoyance away from me as I look back at the aisles full of different weapons, that are too big for me to use. "I... I am here for some weapons." I say with slight hesitation. "I want to become Shinobi and I want to be ready for the academy." I add confidently.

I watch as his face morphs into confusion and surprise. He looks around, before sighing in defeat. he turns around and starts collecting several different kind of weapons before turning back to me.

"This is Kunai." Tarashi-san starts talking, while showing me the beautiful weapon. He puts five of them into dark blue pouch. "These are shuriken." He adds while I look at star shaped weapons and nod. He puts ten of them inside the pouch. Then he picks needle like things and puts six of them in the pouch. "These are the senbons, but you should not use them yet." I nod confidently. "Listen, Pink Lady..." He starts with cautious tone. "I want you to be careful with them." He sighs and then leans forward. "And... I may should not be telling you this, but...I have given your brother a lot of weapons... He wouldn't have been able to take all of them with him." He says confidently. "There might still be the old weapons in his room that he did not use anymore. Find them." He says confidently once again and straightens.

"Thank you." I whisper in grateful tone.

"This will be 1389 ryo, Pink Lady." The man smiles in front of me as I give him the money. He gives me the pouch and sighs once again. "Be careful, okay?" I nod before leaving the shop with large smile plastered on my lips.

***

The training ground is empty. But it does not ease the worry inside of me. I step inside the circle made out of the trees. I know that there are some dangerous animals lurking in the forest. Animals and ninjas, who will cut my throat without any difficulty.

Focus.

I sit down in the middle of the clearing, taking out a small book, I have taken from the library. The book is full of pictures about how to use the weapons, I have just purchased from the shop. I watch the pictures with tinge of nostalgia inside of me as images of my brother training pops in my mind. No matter what, I can't find strength inside of me to hate him.

After all, he is the only family member I have left.

With a deep sigh, I stand up and approach the targets. Round colored wood with different points written in the circles. I raise my hand with kunai in it and start aiming on the target.

I can't fail.

I throw the weapon with determination and bite my bottom lip when it misses the tree entirely. I continue with throwing others until all of them are around the tree. With deep sigh I approach them and pick them up to continue the training.

***

I pant as I sit on the ground, sweat running down my forehead. I know that building physical strength is one of the most essential part of becoming Shinobi. Physical trainings enhance your chakra reserves and make you faster with better muscle reflexes and memories.

"You should always remember, Sakura." Brother starts in kind voice as he turns at my direction. Sweat is covering his forehead, while he is holding a kunai in his left hand. "Physical trainings are essential. If you want to be ninja like me, you have to train hard every day, got it?"

"Yes." I respond cheerfully. He smiles, leaning down and picking me up.

"Now, little lady..." He says with large grin plastered on his face. "Let's go home."

Ninja like him. He was my idol, before he became my enemy.