There's No Way I Can Get Over Her (part 4)

The air is fresh. No, not fresh. FREEZING. It's so cold. It's only november! My breath fogged as I walked in the cold night. I knew it was cold, so I wore a jean skirt, pink tights, tall fall boots, a pink sweater, a fall coat, a beanie and a scarf. However, the layers seemed immune to the low temperature. I decided to walk even faster to generate some heat and to arrive at a warmer place faster. I was shaking. Not only because of the cold, but also because of Oliver's confession. My heart was heavy as if someone was grabbing it with immeasurable force, preventing it from beating properly. I sighed so hard I almost scared myself. I was going to be here for my boy Oliver. I was going to watch him perform and express his love to Sky. And I am going to be happy for him. Because he'll be happy. And that's all that matters.

As I arrived at the building, I was greeted by a young lady who led me to the room where the venue would take place. It was a big room, filled with people from different high schools. At the front, 4 judges were sitting at a table decorated with flowers, trophies and prizes. I scanned the room to find a familiar face. Vicky and Joe were supposed to come at 7... It's 7:15... And Patrick and Tammy were supposed to come as well after their date. We had this evening planned for weeks!
The lights dimmed, the show was starting and no trace of my friends... I assumed at least Joe was going to show up to support his brother. I put my phone on silent and in my pocket to be fully present and support Oliver.

===================================================

Not too far from Sara, in a corner of the room, Patrick, Tammy, Vicky and Joe were standing, waiting for the scene to unfold in front of them. Oliver asked the friends to keep their distances so it can be a moment shared by him and Sara only. They all happily agreed.

"Omg there she is! I can't wait to watch Oliver confess to her! She's been talking about him non-stop this week and this confession is just the perfect ending to that long miserable week she had." said Vicky.

"You should've seen Oliver. He was so nervous but couldn't stop talking about her and about how much he missed her. This is the first time he falls that hard for someone! He's growing up so fast!", said Joe, wiping an imaginary tear from the top of his cheek.

Patrick and Tammy were observing Sara. Patrick knew as well how much Sara was head over heels for Oliver. Sara and him had a bad love timing at the beginning of high school but everything turned out great: he had Tammy and Sara had Oliver. The thought of a happy ending for everyone made him smile.

"Whatcha smiling for, handsome?" Asked Tammy.

"Mm? Oh. Nothing, just enjoying my life." He kissed her forehead and smiled at her.

The lights dimmed and the group diverted their attention to the host on stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Battle of the Bands! Tonight, 10 Bands from 7 high schools will fight to win the title of Band of the year. As requested, the participants prepared a song never released specifically for the contest and they are all very excited to play for you. Are you guys ready?"

The crowd cheered so hard you could feel the floor trembling.

"Let's get this show started!"

=====================================================

5 bands already played... I feel so nervous and I'm not even the one performing! I clasped the strap of my bag and took a deep inhale. I couldn't stop thinking about Oliver's confession. I've seen Sky. She's beautiful and they have so much chemistry. They'd make such a cute couple. Maybe it's cliché for a guitarist to date the singer, but it's a cliché for a reason. It just works that way. The host calling our high school's name snapped me out of my thoughts. My heart started to pound so hard and so loudly that you could mistake it for a drum beat. I scanned the stage and saw a blond head.

"Omg it's happening there they are omgomgomgom-"

I cut my freaking out short. That blond head wasn't Oliver! It was some random kid from our year... Wait. Oliver wasn't even in one of our school bands! He joined under his old school's name. I really needed to chill. I unclasped my hands from my bag's strap and shaked them. I couldn't concentrate on the band because the beat of my heart was still upstaging any rock beat that I heard tonight. I started to think that me coming tonight was a bad idea. I apprehended the moment and my tears were begging to flow freely. As I was fighting the urge to cry, the band just wrapped up their song and the next one was called to the stage.

"Please, give a round of applause to The Starfighters!"

My eyes grew wide. There he was! And there she was. I stood there as Oliver whispered something in Sky's ear. Saw them smile and hug, the sight tugging at me. Oliver took the mike.

"This song was written for a special someone. I hope it finds her well. Here's There's No Way I Can Get Over Her."

He then gave it back to Sky who squeezed his arm and looked at him lovingly. I felt my stomach sink. I felt sick but I needed to be here for him.

1... 2... 1, 2, 3, 4. The music started. Oliver was playing beautifully, eyes closed, swaying gently as he struck the chords, fingerpicking from time to time adding a certain magic to the intro. The way he played on that stage, it was something I've never seen before. He looked at peace. He was a natural. It felt as if we were the only ones in the room until Sky started singing.

"She's killing me slowly with her love and kindness
Making me want to be the light in the darkness
She's hitting me with her smile, she shines
I know that she will never be mine
It hurts, the pain of never being hers

She's killing me slowly with her lovely eyes
When she looks at me a part of me dies.
And my heart breaks and bleeds with me
She's hitting me hard with reality
Her heart is taken by the cool guy
"

Was his love unrequited? I thought they were very close on being official... The lyrics resonated with how I felt. I felt so miserable watching them looking at each other, Oliver leaning towards her, Sky touching his arm, his hair, his face... I couldn't take it anymore. I stormed out of the venue and ran home so fast I must've beat a record. I don't know how I made it home. My eyes were blurry from all the tears, my breath was short from the running and crying, I was basically running on auto-pilot. I arrived home, bolted to my room, locked the door, curled up in my bed and cried all the tears I had left in me. I was in such a state that I didn't notice that my phone was still on silent and that my friends have been trying to reach me. 

(A.N.: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! I wish you all the best for 2021 :')! So I can't believe this song took me like 2 days to write. That's too long for what it is LMAO! The rest of it will be in the next chapter - where we'll be looking at this chapter from Olivers POV SShhhh!!! - Anyway! Have a beautiful evening/day!)

(P.S.: Ingrid removing the Christmas Special Post on Patreon is literally why we can't have nice things. BE RESPECTFUL OF PEOPLE'S HARD WORK, PLEASE. DON'T SHARE ANYTHING PATREON EXCLUSIVE OR FAST PASS WITH PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE THOSE. IT'S DISRESPECTFUL. Thank you. :) Also omg hi new people on this page what's up!!! - And thank you Liberty for the Shout out omg!)