14

.

Their lips were still touching, chrollo's eyes were glued to hers as he felt the numbing pain in his chest, but it was a price he was willing to pay if it meant he could taste her lips on his once again.

And so he did, this time taking the lead kissing her so gently as if his life wasn't literally in her hands, one of his arms sneaking around her waist to pull her closer to his body, he needed her closer.

When the kiss finally broke and they shared a single breath, chrollo knew what was coming next, and he accepted it wholeheartedly.

As eve retrieved her hand and stepped away from him he activated his nen and opened his book using a healing ability he stole not so long ago to heal the open wound in his chest, but that was it, he already promised himself that he won't use it any longer, not until he paid back what he owed her with his own blood.

"Keep your book out my love, you'll desperately need it"

But wasn't she just cruel, calling him that while she had no sign of affection in her eyes, if anything she said it to mock him, and he only smiled, already realising this was going to hurt more than what he expected.

"I do not wish to fight you"

"But I did fight you back then chrollo didn't I? Now you're going to do the same, you'll be eve from that night, and i'll be.."

Illumi finally connected the dots and realised the man that stood in front of him was the one who broke down his sister and reduced her pride to nothing.

"No that doesn't sound right..
I can't be you, It would be an insult for a god to be compared to a measly human like you."
She finished her sentence with a mocking tone.

Adrian saw how both feitan and pakunoda were ready to interfere the second eve approaches chrollo
"Don't even think of doing anything. You'll stand here and watch just like you did back then"

They both knew they had no other choice, the truth was that eve's aura had already intimidated them to the point of wanting to leave this place at once but not being able to move a finger.

Eve's intentions were crystal clear, they had to live the same events of that night all over again and watch her break down chrollo just the same way he broke her.

"If that's what you wish for dearest"
Chrollo kept his book out, he was clever enough to know that he needed it desperately if he wanted to survive Eve's punishment.

Eve didn't bother with answering him, she only turned her head towards her twin who stood not so far away and watched how his twin showed her true colours in that god state for once, it was written all over her face, her bloodlust, and she wanted him to see it to make up for how she looked when she came back home.

Eve was simply restoring her pride, in the most gruesome way she knew.

"Brother, if anyone tries to interfere kill them. If you try to interfere i will kill you"

"Very well"
Was Illumi's answer.
Both Chrollo and his spiders were taken back by how simply those words escaped eve's lips, he was family wasn't he? And yet she just threatened to take his life and he agreed because he knew she meant it.