Chapter Five

I woke up to the sunlight streaming through my curtains. I groaned and rolled over, before sitting up straight, remembering the events from the previous night.

Pietro had kissed me.

I had a boyfriend.

Pietro was that boyfriend.

I squealed in excitement and jumped up on my bed. I danced around before hearing my phone buzz. I picked it up to see a text from Pietro.

Good morning :) If you're not too tired, I was hoping that I could take you on a date tonight x

Grinning, I bit my lip.

I would love that! Where were you thinking? x

Not telling ;) Wear something casual x

I rolled my eyes at the secrecy. For the next hour, I tried to convince him to tell me, but he wouldn't. I put my phone down and decided to take a shower. I washed my hair and used a floral smelling body wash. I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body.

I grabbed my phone and saw that I had a new text from Wanda.

My brother said you two are going on a date! I hope you have fun xx

I smiled. Wanda was such a lovely person. Pietro texted me and told me that he was going to pick me up at four.

I ran down my stairs and found my mum cooking lunch.

"Hello, darling. Did you only just get up? It's 12:30," my mother scolded in her English accent.

"Leave her alone, Peggy," my dad said, chuckling.

My mother shook her head playfully. My dad got up and gave my mum a kiss before heading out to meet his co-worker.

"Mum, can I go out tonight?" I asked.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"Uh... I'm not sure," I replied.

She looked up at me.

"Why not?" she asked suspiciously.

"Uh... I'm going on a date and he won't tell me where," I said nervously.

My mum put down the knife she was using and smiled widely.

"My y/n Carter, going on a date? You can go, just make sure he gets you home before 11," my mum said.

I smiled and nodded before grabbing my lunch and running upstairs. I opened my closet and chewed on my sandwich. What should I wear? Pietro said something casual. I looked through my skirts and dresses. Some of them were casual, but what if Pietro was taking me paintballing or something? I doubted he would keep it a secret if we were just going out for dinner. I decided on a pair of denim shorts and a f/c shirt.

Soon enough, four o'clock came around and the doorbell rang. I jumped up and ran to the door. I heard my mum call out 'have fun!' I opened the door to see Pietro in a shirt and jeans.

"Hi," I said shyly.

"You ready?" he asked.

I nodded and closed my door. He grabbed my hand and led me to his car. The feeling of his hand in mine gave me butterflies. When we reached the car, he let go of my hand to open my door.

"What a gentleman," I joked.

Pietro just bowed and closed my car door before getting in the driver's seat.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as we drove away from my house.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he said with a grin on his face.

I sighed dramatically and he laughed. We began talking again and it was easy. There wasn't anything forced about it. We had only known each other for a week but it felt like I'd known him for longer.

After about half an hour of driving, we reached our destination. My mouth opened in shock and wonder. Colourful light flashed and glinted and excited screams rung through the evening air.

"You took me to a carnival?" I asked excitedly.

I jumped out of the car and smiled widely.

"I'm guessing this was a good idea?" Pietro asked, walking up to me.

I nodded enthusiastically. Pietro took my hand and led me to the entrance. He paid for our tickets (he wouldn't let me pay no matter how much I persisted) and we looked around.

"So, where to first?" I asked.

He looked around the carnival. He pointed to a massive rollercoaster.

"You down to go on that with me?" Pietro asked.

"Hell yeah," I replied.

I tugged him along, excited to ride the rollercoaster. We stood in line and joked around a bit. When we finally got strapped in, I held onto the harness that was over my shoulders. Pietro grabbed me hand and squeezed. I squeezed his back and smiled. The ride began and we slowly got to the top of the first hill. We could see the whole park from here. Suddenly, we plunged down. I let out a joyful shriek and Pietro howled cheerfully. When we got to the end, we were laughing and high on adrenaline.

"That was amazing!" I said, laughing.

Pietro just grabbed my face and kissed me. I kissed back happily.

"You're amazing," he said with a massive grin on his face.

I blushed.

"You're not too bad yourself," teased, smiling.

Pietro laughed.

"Are you ready to go on another ride?"

~

After four hours, Pietro and I had eaten carnival food, played carnival games (I won him a little blue duck and he won me a massive, pink, fluffy penguin) and ridden every ride single ride except the Ferris wheel.

We lined up for the giant wheel, holding our stuffed toys. We eventually got our turn. We sat in the small, two-seater pod and put our teddies on the floor. We watched the view get bigger and more beautiful as we got to the top of the Ferris wheel. The sun had set about an hour before and now lights shone through the darkness. The ones further away glittered light stars in the night sky.

I turned to see Pietro looking at me. We went slightly red when he noticed he'd been caught.

"You're... so beautiful," he said.

I blushed. He reached his hand out and cupped my cheek. He leaned in and kissed me passionately. I kissed him back, excited for the memories to come.