Chapter 17

“What do you mean he’s alive? I shot him, I saw him drop dead. He can’t be alive.”

“He’s alive. We put him in Anna’s room since she’s up and running again. He’s been sleeping the whole time you’ve been gone but we figured we can use him for something. Get a little information maybe.” I can’t believe. I shot him, he should be dead. I don’t understand how he is.

“I’ll get him to talk when he wakes up. I’m going to make those bastards pay for what they did to us,” I say through gritted teeth.

“Please don’t hurt him. I know how you can get but just don’t hurt him this time please.” How the hell will I get info out of him if I can’t hurt him? Ask him nicely? I’ll make sure Piper isn’t in the room. I am going to go to town on his ass. He won’t see what hit him.

“I’ll do my best.” I don’t know why I lied to her. Maybe I’m just afraid of what she’ll say if I told the truth. “We’ll get our bunker back.”

*

            A few hours later I hop over to Anna’s old room and I’m sitting on the bed next to the prisoner. I see that someone has tied his hand to the bedframe so he can’t get away when he gets up. He’s still sleeping but I’m hoping that he’ll wake up when I’m here. That way I’ll be the first to get to him. I want this fucker to talk.

I can’t wait any longer for this guy to wake up. I’ll wake him up myself. I stand up on my good leg and I unbuckle my belt and unravel it from around my waist. I fold it in half and I whip him in the stomach with it and he yelps and his eyes pop open.

“Wakey wakey, fuck boy.”

“You…you’re the guy who shot me!” he shouts accusingly.

“Yeah and you’re going to tell me who your friends are and why you kidnapped me.”

“I ain’t telling you shit!” he spits. That’s it. I’m getting this guy to talk.

“Alright. I’ll be right back. You stay right there, sir.” I pat him on the cheek and he glares at me. I stroll out of the room and grab a chair and some more rope and I come back in with the most menacing look I can manage. I grab this guy, throw him in the chair and tie him up tightly with the rope. “Now. You’re going to tell me why you made us leave our beloved bunker or I’m going to have to force it out of you.”

“I won’t ever rat them out!” he screams. I hope no one else hears this and tells me to stop. I punch him across the face

“Tell me.”

“No.” Punch.

“Tell me, you son of a bitch!”

“No!” I push my thumb into the bullet wound in his shoulder, causing it to rip the stitches and bleed again. He screams out in pain and I push further until he begs for mercy. “We wanted your supplies. We wanted your guns. We wanted it all. We took you because we thought you were hiding something and maybe we could get it out of you.”

“You’re not telling me everything.”

“That’s all I know, I swear.” I take out my knife from its sheath and I slice across his arms and his bare chest. The blood oozes out of the wounds and coats my hands in its colour. I cut open his mouth, across the cheeks like the Joker.

“Tell me all of it or I will take your eye,” I say as the tip of my knife hovers over his eye.

“We wanted Jesse! We wanted his knowledge, his skill; we wanted his power! Please stop, oh Lord have mercy.” I take my knife away and put it back in its sheath. That’s when I hear a gasp from the doorway.