12

Sokka led Suki into their guest house the next morning with the intention of waking up Aang and Katara. It was already well into the morning and there had still been no sign of either of them, which Sokka found a little odd. He had spent the night at Suki's house so he had no idea what had transpired between his sister and the Avatar the night before but he had hopes that they had worked things out.

In the case that they were still asleep, Sokka and Suki walked quietly throughout the house, slowly opening each of the doors until they finally opened the one that the younger couple was peacefully sleeping in. In spite of himself, Sokka felt himself smile at the two, seeing that they were sleeping side by side with their arms around each other. They had worked it out and Sokka let out a sigh of relief at the revelation.

"Find them?" Suki asked, walking over to him from the other side of the main room.

"Yeah," Sokka whispered so he would not wake the sleeping couple, "it looks like everything is fine between them now."

"That's good," Suki whispered back, "you still want to wake them up?"

Sokka thought for a few moments. He knew they needed to get to Omashu as soon as possible but would it really hurt to stay at Kyoshi Island for a few more hours? Sokka looked at the younger couple again and upon seeing the small smile that was on his sister's face, he made his decision, "No, let's let them sleep for a few more hours. They didn't get much sleep the night before anyways...they could use the rest."

"You sure?" Suki asked him.

He nodded, "It won't hurt to stay a few more hours."

"We should at least get all of my stuff packed onto Appa so we can go ahead and leave once they wake up," Suki suggested.

"Yeah, good idea. Let's go," Sokka closed the door to the bedroom slowly before quietly leading Suki out of the house to gather her belongings.

Sorin gladly switched positions with Ryu when the earthbender had suggested that he fly the airship for a while to give Sorin some much needed rest. Sorin had been flying it ever since yesterday without stopping while Tau and Ryu had been able to get some sleep. He would be lying if he were to say that he wasn't grateful that Ryu had offered to take control of the airship.

"Just remember to fly it slowly," he informed the earth bender, "there are still quite a bit Earth Kingdom patrols running around out there."

"Don't worry, I got it," Ryu assured, "just go get some sleep."

Sorin simply nodded and after standing around for a few moments to make sure Ryu could handle the airship alone without any problems, he finally turned and left the control room and headed for the sleeping quarters. Since the airship was built for the Fire Nation royalty, the bedrooms were actually high quality for a military vessel. Tau had of course claimed the Fire Lord's room and Ryu and Sorin had picked out rooms that had belonged to the Fire Lord's highest ranking officials. As Sorin walked passed Tau's room, the waterbender happened to walk out of it right at that moment.

"Ryu is flying the ship?" he guessed upon seeing that Sorin wasn't at the controls.

Sorin nodded, "He offered to take control of it for a while. It's a good thing to. I feel exhausted."

"Understandable," Tau nodded back, before he began to walk away to allow Sorin to go onto his room.

"Wait, Tau!" Sorin called out as his leader turned around in acknowledgment, "can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course, what is it?" Tau asked, leaning against the metal wall of the hallway.

"It's about the Avatar," Sorin started.