8

Horns sounded the alarm throughout the city of Omashu. The only things authorities knew was that someone had broken into the archives. However, they had soon found out that whoever had been there had left several minutes ago. Now, groups of soldiers were scattered about the city, roaming the streets to look for the intruders. What they didn't know was that the intruders were never too far away from them, in fact, they were in plain sight.

Tau smiled, standing on the side of the street as another group consisting of five men passed him. This had been going a lot smoother then he thought it would. Tau knew that running would only draw suspicion so he had decided that his little group would simply walk their way out. No one in the city knew that they were the ones that were being hunted, so as far as Tau was concerned, as long as they didn't do anything suspicious they had nothing to worry about. Still, the group split up just in case. Tau, Ryu, and Sorin would take separate pathways before meeting up at a location designated by Tau. Then they would decide where to go next and split up again. However, they never strayed too far away from each other. Tau knew that if he looked around he could probably spot Sorin or Ryu mingling in the crowds of people in the street as they slowly headed towards their next destination. That was exactly what Tau was heading towards now; a small alleyway where Ryu and Sorin should meet him at eventually.

Once the group of soldiers had past, Tau began to walk again to the alleyway not too far away. Luckily, the streets weren't as crowded as they had been before the alarms went off. There was still quite a bit of people trying to go about their day, but it was still a little easier to walk then it had been before and it didn't take Tau long to reach his objective. As it turned out, Sorin was already waiting for him.

"Hey, any trouble getting here?" the firebender asked.

"Not anything that hasn't happened before," Tau replied as he walked into the isolated alley, "Have you heard from Ryu yet?"

Sorin shook his head, "No, but he should be here soon. There hasn't been any sign of his capture."

"Let's hope it stays that way."

The two waited for a few more minutes before Ryu walked swiftly around the corner to join them.

"Is everything okay Ryu? What took so long?" Tau asked.

"There are more guards coming here now, I decided to take a longer route to get past most of them," Ryu explained, "I figure that they are trying to cover the exits to the city and trap us inside of it instead of just looking around. Once they close off all the exits, we're trapped in the city till they find us."

"Well they had to use their brains eventually," Tau replied, "we are not far from the main gate. Let's go ahead and meet back up around there. Just try to search each other out once you get there; we don't have time to look for a specific destination if more soldiers are coming this way. They don't know who we are, but I would prefer to stay away from them."

"They probably have the gate locked down you know," Ryu said, "we might need to fall back on a plan B."

"What other way is there out of the city," Tau questioned.

Ryu was silent as he thought, but Sorin spoke up after a few minutes, "The airships!"

"Can you fly those," Tau turned towards him.

"I should be able to," Sorin responded, "They were implemented after I was taken out of service but if they were built on typical Fire Nation procedures, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out the controls."

"I should be able to fly them to," Ryu said, "The Dai Li were allied with the Fire Nation when the airships first began to be deployed. I have some experience with them."