Chapter 18

~ Chapter 18 ~

Dazai's P.O.V

All day I was nervous. Chuuya and I were talking the other day about who we found attractive. "Sooo~ Chuuya~ do you like anyone?" I sort of knew that he had a thing for Y/n since he always tried to be with her and tired to get her attention every time she was around. But I still wasn't completely sure if he did. And if he did that would be a problem since I liked her as well.

Chuuya looked at me and said, "Yeah guess I do. Why? Do you like someone?"

"Yeah I do." I didn't want to tell him who it was but to my luck he started to give me a hard time all day just to find out who it was.

"FINE! Jeez I'll tell you BUT you can't tell anyone and especially them. I want to confess to them tonight. Ok?" I looked at him straight in the eye to make sure he knew I wasn't joking. He nodded back as if giving me reassurance that he wasn't going to say anything.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I looked up and said to him, "I like Y/n. I know it seems so sudden especially since I don't give her any special treatment, but it's just she makes me feel warm, wanted, and most of all cared. She was the first person to ever get close to me."

He looked at me in shock as if something had just scared him. I guess I already knew this kind of reaction was going to happen but I didn't want to believe it. I wanted to be the only one to like Y/n. I didn't want him to look at her with the same eyes I did. But I was insecure. I was scared that Chuuya was going to confess to her first so I wanted to make sure he knew that I also felt the same way.

Chuuya sighed and rubbed his neck. I knew what was coming. The big news. The unwanted news. "I guess I should tell you that I like her too. But you already know that much huh?" That was all he said. He just smiled and walked away. I didn't know what to do. He wasn't mad but more frustrated. It's ok though. I know everything is going to be alright.

~ Time Skip ~

I had asked Y/n to come and drink with me at the bar. She did have a long day and I could clearly see that but I was being greedy so I didn't want to wait much longer. When we got there I went into silent mode. I didn't know what to say. I was scared it was going to go poorly. I took small glances at her and saw she was feeling a bit awkward.

I turned my chair to face her and smiled. "Y/n I wanted to tell you something tonight. And even if it goes poorly I just wanted to tell you that if we can stay friends after this?" She smiled at me with that kind smile she always gives to people. And those eyes. God those eyes I would kill to just look into them forever. I would have given anything to just have her in my arms. She was amazing with just her features but her personality was just amazing. She didn't judge you for the things you said or did in the past. To her that was fundamentally irrelevant to the person you were now. ( Bungo Stray Dogs Reference!)

"Ummm I-I LIKE YOU!" I clenched my fist so hard it hurt. My eyes closed shut of the fear I felt of being rejected. Nothing could compare to this feeling. The fear, the joy, the suspense. They all sent me to another world. I looked up to see her face, and was surprised to see that she just smiled.

"Dazai can you give me time to think? I-I like you too...I think. So just please give me time to think about it." I didn't want to make things hard for her. The last thing I wanted was to make her stress about this.

I remember walking out of the bar with her. The silence was a nice comfort to my confession. The night and the stars looked strangely bright that night. The wind hitting our teenage faces. I wanted to hug her. Reach out to her. Tell her that she was the only one for me. God. he rosy pink cheeks looked cute. I held her hand and looked away from her so she wouldn't see my blushing face. I guess she was ok with me holding her hand since she didn't pull away.

I was scared of how bad I was going to get hurt but I wanted the pain. I wanted her to hurt me as long as it meant I could stay with her. If she was happy with hurting me then I would be too. I didn't want her to look at other people. And the thought of other people looking at her was irritating to me. But Chuuya, Chuuya likes her. And he probably will confess to her as well. He is competitive so it's not going to be easy.

We reached the Port Mafia building and Y/n let go of my hand. The emptiness in my hand felt weird. Even if I held her hand for a short period, it felt like an eternity to me. But sooner or later I hope that that emptiness will be filled with her hand again.