Chapter Four

"It's terrifying to know, that sometimes, love breaks."

~*~

Lisa was laying on her bed, it was night-time, and she didn't see the girls after she left the studio. They were home, she knew, but they were in their rooms, or that's what she thought. She stared at the white ceiling above her, wondering if BamBam could really do something.

She knew it would be hard opening up to him, he cared, she knew he would freak out and say: "ALL OF THIS HAPPENED AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN TELL ME!?". She was tired, honestly tired, she was helping out everyone, yet there was no one for her. Sure, sharing it all won't be easy, but at least he would be able to hug her and tell her some words of comfort, that's what she needed anyway.

Her phone buzzed from under her, she groaned as she pulled it out and picked up. "Hello?" She mumbled tiredly, rubbing her eyes, slightly feeling sleepy. "Guess what?" The boy asked, she sighed. "They turned us down" She said, expecting a 'Yes' from the other line, she closed her eyes in defeat to hear that one depressing word.

But it never came.

"Uh-huh, tomorrow 3 pm I'll come pick you all up, and don't worry, I already informed Jisoo about this" He said, she sat up at the speed of light, her eyes wide, all her sleepiness gone in a blink. "You're serious, right?" She asked in disbelief, her lips forming an unconscious smile. "Yup" He said. "Oh my god thank you so much bam" She hid her excitement, he smiled from the other line.

"No prob', it's my job anyways, oh just a second Liz-yes I'm coming Mr Park" She heard him say. "Sorry Liz, gotta go, talk to you later" He said in an apologizing tone. "Nah it's okay, bye~" She sang. "Bye~" He sang back before hanging up, she giggled at that and stood up. She peeked from her room, she could see Jisoo explaining everything to Chaeyoung and Jennie. 

Jennie was shocked, same as Chaeyoung. "No no no no Jisoo, let me clear this out, I am not going" Jennie said. "It's YG's choice Jennie, it was so sudden, I know, I'm shocked too, but you know rejecting this is not in our hands" Jisoo said. "Still unnie, we can give our opinion, what if they really reject?" Chaeyoung asked. 

"Don't be stupid Chae, you know we can do nothing about this even if we want to" Lisa said as she made her way to the kitchen, passing right by them without even sparing a glance. The three went silent, of course Lisa was right, the three could do nothing, although Lisa could do a lot, a lot.

"There is no way in hell am I stepping a foot in their dorm" Jennie said, Lisa came back with a glass of water, she sat down on the couch in front of Jennie with her legs crossed. "I told you already, unnie, today or tomorrow, one day we had to face them" Lisa said, taking a sip. Jennie thought for a moment.

"You, you did all of this, didn't you?" Jennie asked, pointing at Lisa. Lisa was suddenly scared, but she masked that with a cold and stern look. "Come on, you know I can never do such a thing, and how would I? I don't even have any connections with them" Lisa replied. 

Jennie didn't reply, she just turned away and went to her room. Jisoo and Chaeyoung exchanged looks, Jisoo then left with a blank look on her face. Chaeyoung sat next to Lisa with tears streaming down her cheeks. "What am I going to do?" Chaeyoung asked herself as she cried silently.

Lisa rolled her eyes, thinking how much of a habit it became to her lately. "Stop it and move on" Lisa said. "How?" Chaeyoung asked. "Why don't you reunite with Jimin again?" Lisa suggested. "What?" She asked. "Yeah, didn't you guys have this 'Childhood sweethearts' thing?" Lisa asked, acting completely unaware.

Chaeyoung looked at her with a blank face. "We were best friends Lisa, and that was it between us" Chaeyoung said in a cold voice before she left. Lisa watched her go; she sighed and went to her room. She let herself fall back on her bed; she just loved the warmth of her bed. She suddenly dialed a number, she had to voice out her thoughts at the moment, the person was quick to pick up.

"Hey sis" He said with a smile as soon as he picked up. "I'm sorry to say this even if you're older than me" She paused. "But your idea is still stupid" She breathed out, he chuckled. "I know, and I've apologized for that about a thousand times" He said. "You still think this was the best plan we could ever think of?" She asked.

"Well...you know how Taehyung is, either he's wildly naive or dangerously intelligent, and at that time he was being the first thing, so it was only you and me, and you do remember your heartbroken situation, I was the only one thinking straight" He said. "And this is what you came up with, I swear to god this was the dumbest plan ever" She complained.

"I'm tired of keeping up with the act, they hate me now, what if I lose their trust by this? They have to believe in me, or else we're doomed, all my hard work would go in vain" She said, he sighed. "I'm sorry Liz, you have to bear with all this because of me and Taehyung" He said. "His beloved is being suspicious" She said, rubbing her temple with one hand.

"You mean Jennie" He corrected. "Nah, I like that nickname better" Lisa said with an evil grin on her face, oh how she loved that annoyed look on Taehyung's face when she called Jennie with the nickname. "Anyway, she is suspicious because you threw a tantrum at her, and in that argument, you blurted out something" He guessed, and he was right. 

"Yes, but I didn't blurt out something, I had just warned her about the collab" She mumbled the last line, he widened his eyes. "Lali!" He whined, she shouldn't have done it, she was suspicious enough already, and now she did this. "What? I just prevented a heart attack that she would've had if Jisoo unnie just suddenly came up with the news" She reasoned.

"Bad move, Lali, she has connections, she might find out something" He said. "Yeah and if by 'connections' You mean GFRIEND, Red velvet, Twice, Weki Meki and CLC, then it's not a big deal" Lisa said. "If you say so, but watch out Liz, the girl always has something up her sleeve" He warned. "Yeah fine, goodnight oppa" She said. "Goodnight Lali" He replied and hung up.

She needed to keep her secret safe and stay allert, yet here she was, for the first time, not knowing what was going on behind her back.