-Chapter 5-

*7 years prior*

I was sitting with my barbies in our 6 bedroom house when I heard my parents arguing. "Hmm, mummy and daddy never fight" I thought. I set my barbie dolls down and put my ear up to the door.

 "CHEATER" I hear my mom scream. I hear her red high heels click clack over to my room. 

I panick and run over to my princess canopy bed to act like I'm sleeping. She opens my door quietly opens my door and begins to rummage through my closet. I peek from underneath the silk sheets to see what she is doing and she sees me. She walks over to me and sits on the edge of my bed. 

I sit up slightly as she holds my hand in hers. "Now darling" she says with tears, "We have to move".

 "But whyyy?" I whine. 

"Because your father has done some unacceptable things" she snaps.

"Oh, okay. But where will we go?" I say in my British accent.

"America, back to where I was born" my mom sighs with a fake smile on her face.

She gives me a kiss on my forehead and says, "We're leaving tomorrow morning, so make sure to pack your toys." She calmly walks out and closes my door. I get excited over going to America, my mom always told me lovely stories about it. 

After thinking about how amazing America is, I decide I want to sneak one of my dads fancy watches so I can always know what time it is for him in England. I get up making sure to be slick.

I quietly open my door and sneak past the kitchen where I see my mother drinking red wine. "Huh that's strange" I think to myself, "Mummy never drinks". I ignore it and then tiptoe to my parents bedroom. 

I open their door and feel a hand placed on my shoulder. My dad catches me trying to sneak in. He was the chuckles with a sad look, "I guess we both aren't very well at being sneaky."

I shrug my shoulders, "I guess".

He points for me to sit on the bed next to him. I sit on the bed and wait for him to say something. He said nothing, but instead grabs a bag from behind him. I give him and unsure look but he grins and says, "Open it, love". I gasp and get excited when I see that he got me a phone. 

"Thank you daddy! Thank you!" I squeal giving him a hug. He smiles and told me to go off to bed. I ran back to my room and close the doorw without grabbing my moms attention. I immediately turn on my phone and play flappy bird. Everything felt so great at the time, no worries or anything. It was finally 2:00 am and I was out. After that night, all my troubles began.

                                                                      *Present*

I pick up my phone and answer it. "H-hello?" I nervously answer. "Ello love" he says in that gut-wrenching accent. I shiver knowing that it's actually him. I take a big breath in for what I'm about to say.

"I checked my phone EVERYDAY FOR 3 YEARS WAITING FOR YOU TO FUCKING CALL ME. You never called, not once. You turned my mother into a demon because you had to have a prettier woman on your side in that glorious mansion of yours. My life is a wreck because of you. I never want you to call me again, I don't want to see you, I don't want to have to THINK of you ever again. My mother may be an asshole but she never deserved to be cheated on. You made her life and MY life a living hell" I screamed into the phone.

"Dar-" He cried before I hung up.

I was shaking and breathless from what I said to him. When I turned around I saw my mother standing in the doorframe with tears in her eyes. She walked up to me and gave me a hug. I hugged her back, surprised. That was the first hug I have ever gotten from her in years. 

She had no words and neither did I, all she did was hug me and walk away. 

I closed my eyes and took a few breaths in."Well this morning has been eventful" I mumbled.

"SHIT" I groaned, "The bus is almost here". I quickly put my hair in a bun, grabbed my backpack and phone. I throw on a hoodie since it was somewhat cold in California today. I rush out the front door and was greeted by Alex who was just about to knock.

"Alex?" I question, "What are you doing here?"

"I thought that I would walk you on the bus today" he smiled.

"That makes no sense, but okay" I say giggling. 

He just looks at me and says nothing. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I nervously laugh while digging my nails into my hand from being nervous and stressed.

He begins to walk forward since the bus was almost here and says, "I don't know, can I not look at a pretty girl?"

My heart began to race after he said that, "I- um- sure" I manage to say.

He laughs and says something to me but I couldn't hear anything but the loud noise of the bus pulling up to my house. I just smile acting like I heard

We both walk on the bus and Cassie gives me an evil stare. God I hate her.

Alex directs me to sit next to him, right behind Cassie. "Anyways Willow" he loudly shouts so everyone can hear, "How would you like to go to prom with me?" He puts his arm around me and I stay frozen. 

"This is the part where you say yes" he whispers.

"Oh- right, yeah of course" I say confused but happy. 

Cassie looks at us with huge eyes filled with fury. I smile at her as Alex puts his arm around me acting like he doesn't realize she's mad. 

"YOU BITCH" Cassie screams.

Alex ignores her and looks at me. He decides that he wants to piss her off more, so he grabs my face and kisses me. I kiss him back close my eyes and enjoying the moment. 

I felt like I was in heaven for 5 seconds but then it hits me that it wasn't genuine. I get upset but try to hide it. Cassie begins to scream, a lot. She cusses everyone out on the bus until the bus driver kicked her off.

I giggle and Alex winks at me. 

"I'm a nice actor aren't I?" he says.

"Yeah you are, I almost believed you were into me for a second" I murmured.

He gives me a confused look, "What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know Alex, I honestly thought that was real for a second but you gave me no warning. I love to piss Cassie off but honestly this isn't what I was planning on doing." I cry out. 

Tears begin to build up in my eyes. All I could think about was getting away from him. The bus arrived at school and I rushed off. 

"Willow! I'm sorry" I heard him distantly scream. I didn't hate him but I was hurt.