CHAPTER 4 - The Kind Tita

>Kind - loving person. having, showing, or proceeding from benevolence: kind words. indulgent, considerate, or helpful; humane (often followed by to): to be kind to animals.<

Let's call her Tita Krista.

She's actually older when I met her.

She was my grandmas cousin and she's very welcoming.

Her house feels warm and cozy that you'd even want to stay there forever.

We got to know each other very well in a small span of time.

I was once that rebel teen that wants to live on her own. To get her ways be done.

And when I wanted to leave my home I called Tita Krista if I could stay the night there.

And yes. She immediately said yes.

As I arrived at her home the heavy feeling from my heart has been lifted.

As if a light was just fixed and I felt home again.

She told me that I can stay for a week if I want to.

A room was already prepared.

Tita Krista has been alone in this house but it never went dark in here.

It was always full of life.

She's around her 60's when I met her.

But her heart felt like it was young and happy.

Maybe her kindness has been keeping her young and stress free.

All her kids has their own family and lives abroad.

Her husband died a few years back.

On my 3rd day of staying there I was shown pictures from her photo album.

She was glowing, you can just see it in her eyes that the fire she has is still there after all these years.

I asked her why is she always so kind and passionate. It like she never runs out of patience.

"Patience is easy" she answered.

"As long as you put your heart into it, there's really nothing you couldn't do"

I smiled, "sadly that doesn't work for me" I told her.

She said "I was like you when I was a teen. I always left my house when things didn't get to go my way. I hated the world. But then I had someone who accepted me for who I was... my tita, your grandmothers mom."

"She taught me how I can still be on the right path even when things don't get my way. And I've been living like that since."

Tears form in her eyes as she smiled at me.

She's now doing the same thing.

-------

I liked tita Krista a Lot.

I've learned a lot from her too.

So that one time that I was having a bad day when I was 24 and my 17 year old niece came all the way to my apartment all teary eyed, asking if she can stay the night.

I knew what I'm supposed to do.

-------

Tita Krista had it going in her life.

She knew it was too short to not be kind.

I'd love to be like her...

And right now I'm hoping I am.
.
.
.
.
.
Like her.