Concentration

While trying to get back to the river Spike wouldn't settle down, continuing to kick, and jump out of Gillian's arms. She grew tired of fighting, and used a special pinch right under the colt's chin to make him fall asleep, her father had taught her this technique just in case she'd ever need to put someone under as a last resort.

The alicorn fell asleep giving Gillian some peace to think about where she had seen that girl, but could only think about the vision that come after the frightening girl had spoken.

When Gillian came back across the river, and it wasn't hard for the others to notice she wasn't paying attention to anything.

"I guess you can swim better than a penguin." Theadore said, getting just enough of Gillian's attention to see a smile.

"How would you know how a penguin swam anyway? Do not they live way up north, or somewhere around there?" Gillian asked almost losing her train of thought.

"I'm an educated person." Theadore claimed.

"Congratulations, you're an expert on a bird. Those interesting facts must come in handy all the time." Anna said in a sarcastic tone.

Gillian tried to concentrate, once again blocking out the rest of the world.

"You seem troubled." Dono stated.

"I am." She said, without thinking.

"What's wrong?" Theadore asked, "Did something happen when you went to get Spike?"

"Yes." She said, "There was a young woman on the other side of the river, she wanted to take Spike and I had a vision of what the future would be like if I had given Spike over. It was a terrible sight; She was using Spike as a steed having him shoot lighting bolts from his horn that struck the back of a dragon, the dragon was burning down some sort of village. Since I got away I have been trying to remember where I have seen her before."

"What did she look like?" Patradlaho asked already thinking her suspicion was correct.

"She just told us she had a vision of the future, and that's the question you ask?" Salarah said, surprised that everyone else just accepted this strange happening.

"She was pretty good looking, like if she were not evil I bet everybody would be fallin' for her, she had black hair ,and very fair skin." Gillian described her as best she could, and tried to remember more.

"You guys are just 'okay' with 'seeing the future' thing?" Salarah said, obviously still shocked.

"Yes," Patrick said, "Everyone, but you is okay with this."

"Do you remember her name?" Theadore asked.

"I cannot think of it, but I know if I heard it I could tell you." Gillian replied, "I am trying, but I cannot recall anything else."

"How do your visions work?" Dono asked, he was actually extremely curious about this, and was waiting to bring it up for a long while.

"When I come in contact with someone I see a moment of their future if they continue to make decisions like they have been in the past," She said, she hadn't been asked what it was like in a long time. "Other times they just come, I can bring them by force, but only if I am asked."

"Why are you guys even in the forest?" Anna asked, "You don't seem like the type of people who wonder around aimlessly, like those two." She stuck a thumb at Dono and Salarah.

"We're not 'wondering aimlessly,'" Salarah said. "I'm walking away from my parents, and to my understanding Dono is following me."

"We are looking for someone in a vision I had when I was young, in the vision she was a defender of the land," Gillian said. "It was not until today that I knew what she had to defend against."

________________________

Hope you liked it, I've been really sick in the past week, and it took me awhile just to sit down and write this. Sorry if it sucks (  :

Keep smilin'

Kd