Chapter 3; My Sister Madison

A few years after my sister, Madison moved out we had been notified that she moved to Nebraska. Police told us that they found an abandoned apartment with pictures of a girl who had been identified as Madison Heart. There were also pictures of a man in some of the pictures. In one of the pictures, there was even a small child. As excited as we all were, the police also had some bad news for us. Her apartment was trashed and there was no money in the apartment and all their valuables were gone. There was no sign of the man, The baby or Madison. The police said that signs show she was probably killed and taken. As well as her baby.

Let me start from the beginning. I once had two sisters, both older than me. Madison Bailey Heart and Amber Joan Heart. Then there was me, Taylor Amanda Heart. Mom wanted us all to be different, so she tried to make our names as different as possible. Mom told me that Madison was one of the most stubborn children she had ever seen. Madison and Amber were born 5 years apart. Amber and I were 2 years apart. Madison is or would be 24. Amber would be in college if it weren't for Dad's disappearance. Madison didn't even bother trying to get into college which made both mom and dad angry.

Madison was one of the most gorgeous girls I had ever seen. She had hair that went down to the bottom of her back. Her hair was lights brown with streaks of blonde. She had dark brown eyes. Madison was was shorter than normal girls and she always said that made her "special." Madison also had a nice shape. Not too skinny, but not too fat either. She normally said her shape was her best

Amber told me that as a baby she always stuck up for me when Madison tried to take advantage of me or hurt me. Madison was always mean to me. I remember when I was five, Madison locked me in the basement for calling her bossy. Amber wasn't home and neither were my parents. I stayed down there for 2 hours.
There was only one time that I remember Madison being nice to me. It was my 10th birthday and she was 17 about to go out with her 28 year old boyfriend.

"Happy birthday," she said.

"Thanks Maddy!" I said full of excitement.

"Listen, I know how mean I've been to you but just know that I really do love you."

"I love you, too!" I went in for a hug but she stepped backwards. I saw that she had a suitcase behind her. She stepped in front of it and handed me a small box.

"Happy birthday again," she said. Then she grabbed her bag and left. Inside the box was a beautiful bracelet with only three charms. I used to always wear it. Unfortunately that wasn't the last time I saw her.

A few months later Madison turned 18 and Mom had been notified that she just dropped out of high school and was seen with an older man. Mom sent police officers searching the area to find her. When they found her, the guy she was with had run off.
For the next two years, Madison spent most of her time with part time jobs at cafés and occasionally bars. She had on and off relationships with different guys and sometimes picked up guys at the bar she worked at. I never really understood what she was always out doing until now. Amber says she left us because she was pregnant or something.

When Madison turned 20 said she said that she was running away with the man of her dreams. She was yelling at Mom. I came down the stairs and everything that she did to me came flooding back into mind. I stood up for myself. I stood up for Mom too who was sitting on the couch crying like usual. Dad had been working late at the office again.

I wish I could tell you about some of the words and comments that were thrown around in the room that day, but I can't. I barely remember. However I remember the last part of our argument.

"Madison you are an evil, nasty witch!" I yelled. If I wasn't 13, I would have used different wording.

"Oh please, Taylor! I couldn't care less about you or Amber or that psychotic freak on the couch!"

"My Mother is not psychotic!" I yelled pushing Madison over the living room table. A bunch of papers and other things on the table flew everywhere. When Madison got up and ran towards me, Mom pulled me down and held my head close to her chest.

"Get out," Mom whispered.

"What?" Asked Madison in a confused voice. I saw Amber peeking around the corner in fear.

"Get out!" Mom yelled.

"Fine," Madison said picking up her bags. "But just know," she was talking directly to me now. "you were never my sister!" And that was the last time I ever saw her.