Men in Black

Mary-Beth, a super skinny 7th grader sitting right up front and staring right into the lifeless eyes of Mr. Chase, screams. One of the "men in black" turn around and yell at her to shut up but she keeps screaming. Another "man in black" hits her in the face and knocks her out.

    Bus 61 is suddenly quiet. Everyone sits and waits for the "men in black's" commands. Janice can hear Shelby and Mary crying behind her as the "men in black" separate, one taking the wheel, another moving Mr. Chase's body and the tallest one standing in the center trying to get everyone's attention although he has no need to. Everybody's eyes are already on him.

   He opens his mouth as if to speak but instead closes it and looks around until he focuses on every child he can see. He finally focuses on Janice. His eyes, although mostly covered by his ski-mask, appear dark and gray. He starts walking down the asile and looking into each seat probally trying to find any children that are hiding. You can see his pistol sticking out of  his pants. Students cower as he gets near them.

    When he gets to the back of the bus he punches the seat closest to himself; one of the only vacant seats in the back. Up front, the short man standing next to the driver hollars back, "What's up?"

    Frustrated, the tall, gray eyed man replies, "She's not here." He pauses and scans the entire bus before continuing. "I don't even think this is her bus."

    The bus driver pulls over and stands up to face him. "What do you mean she isn't on this bus?!" comes a soft but strong voice. Janice looks up, fast, surprised at the fact that one of them is a girl. Now that she's looking, she notices the brown hair peeking out from under the woman's mask. The women, now taking role as the bus driver, looks at Janice's sudden movement but doesn't question it.

   The man in the back makes his way back up front to talk to her. Janice tries to listen in but she can only hear bits and pieces. From what she can gather, their upset about somebody whose supposed to be here but isn't.

  Janice may have been riding Bus 61 for two months now but the first thing she did was learn who rode this bus. She knows she didn't see Amy Jenerson, Jacque Arms, Allie Star, Gen Gem, Nickie Allens or Brittany Ollie get on. Bus 61 also hasn't picked up Jamie Carlos, David Hings or Tiffany Marsh yet but what would these men want with them?

    Amy Jenerson is an 8th grader who's in John Hospital for treatment on her brain cancer. She has been gone for a month now. Her parents own a restaurant business down on Hanger Street, the bussiest street in town. They aren't rich or very important, though.

    Jacque Arms is a 9th grader, like Janice, at Judy R High. She lives with her father because her parents are divorced. Her father is a lawyer and her mother is an engineer. They make enough money to get buy but they aren't rich. At least not like Janice's relative.

    Allie Star is head cheerleader at Judy R High. She's a rich and spoiled 11th grader with scientists as parents. Janice knows Allie and her family are away on Christmas vacation.

   Gen Gem is a senior at Judy R High. She's an exchanged student form Italy. Janice doesn't know much about her except for the fact that she only got in Judy R High because of a scholarship.

   Nickie Allens is an 8th grade nerd. She's so smart her parents started having her take AP classes. Her mother is a teacher and her dad is a stay home "mom". She has a younger sibling in elementary school.

   Brittany Ollie is the richest person in Judy R High, at least she was until Janice came to town. Her parents own a million dollar corporation. She's best friends with Grace Hevens and a junior. She doesn't usually ride the bus to or from school anymore since she turned 16 two weeks ago and was given a car as her birthday present.

   Jamie Carlos is a junior at Judy R High. Her mother is a supermodel which definitely made her popular among Brittany and Grace. Her father died before she was born; she never met him.

   David Hings is a sophomore at Judy R High. He only rides the bus whenever his junk-of-a-car breaks down. His parents are dirt poor but he's considered all right for being a really good soccer player. Judy R High is big on sports, especially soccer and David is the best goalie the school has.

    Tiffany Marsh is the 9th grade weirdo. She's in almost every class Janice has. Tiffany is Judy R High goth girl. She wears dark clothing and covers her face in make-up. She also listens to death metal. Her mother got her into Judy R High on a scholarship but she isn't very into her classes taking into account how often she skips school. Her father died last year and she's still not over it.

    Janice begins to think about the other people on the bus. From where she's sitting, she can only see Mary-Beth whose just now coming back to reality with a bloody nose and Jacob, who, from the looks of it, is super shocked and has no idea what to do. He looks SO clueless. But in a cute way.

   Behind her is Shelby and Mary and behind them is 11th grader Angie Thermos; her parents work at Judy R High. Threes seat behind her and to the left(or the right if you were facing forward) is Grace and Joy. Behind them seats Sarah and her boyfriend, Abraham Adams. Janice has a feeling they're together because of Abraham and Sarah from the Bible were, not because they love each other.

   Behind them is Max, an 8th grader, and his little 6th grade sister, Ashley. Ashley is crying and Max is trying to comfort her. He doesn't notice her watching. Two seats behind them and to the right(or left if you are facing forward) is Annie Lowes, a 10th grader. Her little brother, Jackie, sits behind her, thankfully asleep. Jackie is a mildly retarded 7th grader who relies mainly on his sister and his sketch pad.

    Janice turns her body back to the front but only to see the women and the two men still arguing. They only stop arguing the second someone's phone rings.