4: Everyday

4: Everyday
"Everyday it's getting closer, going faster than a roller coaster..."
-

No one spoke of Louis' meltdown and when he woke up in his bed around four in the morning the same night--he couldn't recall anything after stepping into the dinning room--a splitting headache welcomed him. His pajamas were folded on the end of his bed and Louis assumed Ashton had gotten a hold of his luggage and put his clothes up. He kicked his pajamas off the bed and cluttered the floor. He didn't wake up until two in the afternoon the next day, Wednesday.

• • •

"Louis! Louis! Mr. Tomlin-" yelled Ashton running after his boss in his new Ferragamo Oxfords, completely ruining the shine.

"Ashton I swear if you ever call me that again you will be fired," shouted Louis.

"But, Lou you just got back wouldn't you want me to invite some of your old friends to a luncheon? How about we just go out to the cinema?"

"How about you go back inside and let me arrange this funeral," Louis ran down the small hill and straight to the small wooden dock, " I'm not a baby so SHOO!"

"Louis?" Ashtons voice rang out, "can you even drive a boat?"

Louis laughed and threw the small ring of keys, the ones he took from the kitchen counter, in the air and said, "Honeybun, I've lived on this lake for-like-ever." He slid on his sunglasses and flicked his collar up, "I'm a genuine douche bag. I can float this boat." With those parting words the anchor was hoisted and the boat was 'floated'.

"You crazy bastard," muttered the trainee, "I'm just worried about your sanity."

The Lake View was only a walking distance and didn't really require a person to take a boat, but Louis knew how to stake down his dominance over the spoiled brats; A good cologne, a high priced polo, and over the top (probably pricey) entrance could get him mingling with the highest of classes. Louis let a young gorgeous girl dock his boat. He wasn't sure if she even worked at the club but it wasn't even his boat to begin with and if he had a say in anything Louis was really fine with that girl just stealing it.

Louis strode into the open doors of Lake View and waited for conversations to dwindle down until all eyes were pointed at him. Him, the posh looking god in tight trousers and a bright mint green polo, dark skin, and a flawless aroma that oozed of money. They observed and admired until they knew who had graced their presence and their boldness fell to his feet. Pitiful little richies, he thought. With a deep breath he let out an exuberant yell of, " Who missed me?" Cheers and 'Welcome back buddy's were thrown at him from everywhere and Louis felt like he could rule the world. He was a new and improved Louis, feeling full of life and desperate for attention; He was just like the people he hated, yet he couldn't remember why on earth he hated them in the first place. In a matter of 24 hours he had stripped himself bare and drowned himself in his old culture.

(Guilt is a strange thing, the body and how it reacts to sadness is an even stranger thing.
Louis was a product of both)

He visited everyone, from Ingrid his old neighbor who looked a lot younger than what he remembered to Dennis an old drinking friend. They all had such pleasant words to say and many were completely unaware of his mother's passing. Louis invited everyone to the funeral saying, "I put the f-u-n in funeral!" By the end of the day all the guests were walking around clinging onto a very tasteful invitation, who Ashton had so graciously written that morning, to his mother's viewing and burial. He had played his part just as he saw fit and grew exhausted, he sat on a near by stool to gather his thoughts and let the sudden dosage of adrenaline pass through his veins and dissipate.