I got you a gift

Alex had been waiting in their meeting place but Scarlet never showed up.

He decided to check up on her. On getting to her house, he sensed the awful and depressing atmosphere. Not wanting to know what happened, he walked towards her mom.

"Hey, Mrs Newman, is Scarlet in?" He asked and she scoffed.

"That worthless thing is better off being locked up." She said not paying attention to her words at all.

That was all Alex needed to know that something terrible must have happened. He didn't think twice before heading to her room. He tried to open the door but couldn't. She had locked herself in. He was so worried that something terrible might happen to her.

Just then, he heard her voice. It was shaky and sounded so sorrowful. The song she was singing was a song that she harbored in her heart for so long. The questions were all in this one song.

(Would anyone care by Citizen Soldier)
Would anyone notice...
If tonight, I disappeared?
Would anyone chase me...
And say the words that I need to hear?
That I'm no burden
Not so worthless
Bent so much that I just might break
All consuming, so confusing
The questions that keep me awake

Would anyone care
Would anyone cry
If I finally stepped off, this edge tonight?
Would anything change?
Would you all be just fine?
Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight
It just might save my life
Would anyone want me
If they knew what was inside my head?
Would anyone see me
For the person that I really am?

I won't lie, so hard to hide
I've never felt worthy of love
I would give up
Everything I have just to feel good enough

Would anyone care
Would anyone cry
If I finally stepped off, this edge tonight?
Would anything change?
Would you all be just fine?
Cause I need a reason to not throw the fight
It just might save my life

Alex heard the lyrics of this song and knew exactly how to react. She wasn't alone now, she had him. He sang

If you're dying inside
Sick of being alive
Let me in, let me share in your pain
From my lungs through the dark
Spoken straight from the heart
Let me give you a reason to stay

Scarlet heard this words and felt touched. Indeed, no one has ever been there for her since she was born but, how was she to know if he wouldn't abandon and hate her someday? She continued to listen to him sing

If you're out there, still lying awake
If you're out there, still wondering
Would anyone care
Would anyone cry
If you finally gave up and turned out the lights?
The world would be changed, if you left it behind
You can't be replaced no, tonight is the night
That you take back your life
Take back your life
Take back your life
Take back your life

Alex sighed. His heart hurt to know that she was hurting so much. He couldn't go in and comfort her like he wanted to.

He wanted to hold her hand and assure her that everything would be fine. He wanted her to lean on him and cry her hearts out as loud as she needed to. He wanted to comfort her.

"Scarlet, you don't have to endure it all on your own. I want you to know that, I will always be here for you. If you need a shoulder to cry on, you can always come to me. You're not alone and will never be. I like you, so please, share your pain with me" he pleaded from the other side of the door.

He had actually confessed to her but this was never the situation he imagined his confession to be in.
Scarlet was stunned by his words. Although, it was not the time to think about it but, his words lit a little flame inside of her

She finally opened the door. Surely, she needed someone to talk to and cry on. He was the only person she could fully trust with herself at this moment. She fell in his embrace.

It was truly nice to know that someone cared for her and she hoped that the feelings they shared would never fade.

After she had calm down, she told Alex about how she lost the money and her phone.

He promised that everything would be alright and they would figure out a way to earn the money back. He also praised her for doing a good deed.

She scoffed and said the girl was lucky to have her pass by. It was hilarious how she said it and he chuckled. Seeing her happy again made him happy.

"By the way, I got you a gift." He said

"What could it possibly be?" She asked seeming not interested.

"Guess!" He said and she glared at him.

"I will hit you!" She warned with her fist in the air. How dare he play games with her?

"Here, come on out!" He helped her climb down the window. The gift was outside and in other to get it, they had to go out. Not wanting to trigger Scarlets unhappiness by seeing her mom, he decided that they should climb down the window.

"Careful!" He warned.

"Please, I'm not some dumb prin...whoa!" She almost fell but he caught her by the waist.

"You were saying?" He asked with a raised brow. It caught her off guard and she realized they were so close to each other. Her face started heating up that she forgot to tell him to let go.

Now their faces were so close. Their eyes locked and it felt like the deeper the gaze, the closer the space.

Scarlet didn't know what came over her that she took the initiative and planted her lips on his. It was a shocker on his side but he wasn't going to be left behind. He kissed her back.

This day was so full of surprises. Now to top it all up, she got her first kiss from the guy she liked. What better way could her mood be lifted?

As soon as they both pulled away to catch their breath, Scarlet looked away embarrassed.

Alex on the other end, took this surprise calmly. It was like nothing ever happened but within, he was celebrating. His first kiss was with the girl he liked and she was the one who took the initiative.

"Here you are!" Alex handed her a furry creature. It was a black and white cat. It was so cute that Scarlet was immediately captivated. Of all the things that she had seen before, this was the first to catch her fancy. It might have been because he was the one who gave it to her.

"Thank you, Alex, for everything!" She finally smiled so brightly and warmly. It made her look extremely beautiful and irresistible. She tiptoed and gave him a kiss on his cheek then walked towards their front door. She didn't seem sad anymore.

Alex was finally at peace. He had concurred her at last.

The rolling days rolled by. Scarlet and Alex came up with the money by 'pure' means. Scarlet was finally open to everyone. She was no longer the dark ice queen but a pretty charming princess even if she didn't dress like one.

Just as long as Alex was by her side, she was ready to do anything. She made friends with her team members at last. Lucy, Sam, Stacy, Sage, Mira, and Luna.

While non-team members who became her  friends are Dawn, the girl she saved, Henry, Teresa and Isabel. With the other friends she had made earlier. Her life turned out for the better and was at the peak of wonderful. But just as the sun started shinning, the storm came.

Alex's mom called him out to inform him that she had reconciled with his father. That meant, they were moving away.

'Away from Scarlet?' Alex thought in horror.