Chapter 1

Authors note
This book is just as the title states, an elaborate daydream I've had for a long while. The writing is bad and the story is absurd but what else would you expect from the ramblings of a 16 year old

Elvira

Its dark and cold.
Its always dark and cold here.
I used to imagine it wasn't.
That all seems rather pointless now.
I've been here all my life, caged like an animal because of who I was. What I was.
It wasn't my choice to be born this way, an amalgamation of beings that should never have joined in the first place, the product of a scandalous affair and a twisted fate.
A queen who chose pleasure over logic once, and I have paid the price of such a foolish decision ever since. She chose to run off for a night with my father, the siren queen whom was meant to bring peace as a half elven half siren ambassador to the kingdom of sirens she was sworn to rule.
Instead she gave a monstrous birth. A quarter breed. A mess. All that could have been dealt with, pushed to a small unimportant job hidden in the Palace walls.
But the prophecy that came forward ruined that sliver of hope.
They said that the child of all kingdoms would destroy them all for their creation. Their rage would consume the very people their ancestors swore to protect and care for.
I dont know if they were right, I never got the chance to avoid my fate. I was never given a choice of whom I would become. Those fateful visions of destruction sealed my cage.
I am told that I am 18 now, that there will be change.
Its hard to imagine change. Nothing has changed for me in all my years. I am chained in a dungeon, I get one dress a year, a simple brown sack to keep my modesty. I cant even call my mother "mother". She says I have no right to think of her as such so I try not to. Its much easier to obey than to object, I am disposable to her. Any reason to punish me she takes.

I expected nothing different. Nothing is ever different so why would I expect to be dragged out of my cage abruptly and pulled along old corridors, up stairs, around winding passages, into a grand room with more faces than I'd seen in my life time stood waiting for someone to arrive.
How was I supposed to know they were waiting for me?