Back

scott hoying

Scott sighed, not wanting to get up for the day. Shaking his head, he rolled out of the bed. As he got dressed, he noticed that his clothes were a little tight. He shrugged it off, not dwelling on the thought.

Once he was ready, he walked out of his room and down the stairs. His mom was cooking breakfast. He smiled, going to sit down. She jumped back at the sound, turning to see what had made it.

When she locked eyes with Scott, she started to sob. He furrowed his brows, walking over to her. "Mom? Are you okay?" He reached out to her only for her to jerk back, pressing herself into the cabinet door.

"No. No. No. No.." She whispered to herself over and over, rocking back and fourth with tears flowing down her cheeks. "This isn't real."

"Mom.. what are you talking about?" He asked.

"Get away from me! You're not real!" She covered her eyes.

His heart rate quickened, "I don't understand... Is something wrong?"

In the midst of his mother's rambling nonsense, he heard her mumble, "You're not real. This is just my mind playing tricks on me. It's okay, Connie.. You just miss him."

He didn't know what to do. Backing away from her, he went to search for his dad, but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

He grabbed the home phone, dialing the Maldonado's house. After a few rings, someone finally picked up.

"Hello?" They asked.

"Angelica? There's something wrong with my mom." Scott said, quickly.

"Scott..." Angelica gasped. It sounded as if the phone had been dropped before the line went out.

"What is going on?!" He asked himself. With his head in his hands, he paced back and forth.

A knock came to his door quickly, scaring him. He rushed over, opening it. Kirstie and Mitch stood in front of him with tear stains on their cheeks.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked, furrowing his brows.

Mitch put his hand over his mouth as he sobbed. "Scott?"

"Yeah.. What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked, pulling the boy into a hug. The action only increased his tears.

"I can't believe it. Are you actually here?" He asked.

"Yes, Mitch. Why is everyone so surprised?" Scott shook his head.

"We saw the wreck. You were pronounced dead on the scene." Kirstie told him, hoarsely.

Scott was taken aback, quite literally. He fell onto the counter, trying to balance. His vision blurred as he tried to process all of the information. The last thing he remembered was Mitch and Kirstie rushing to his side just as he blacked out.

Scott jolted up, gasping harshly. Coughing, he clutched his chest, trying to catch his breath. A group of nurses rushed in, wide eyed, staring at him.

"Mr. Hoying." A man smiled, "It's so good to see that you are awake. I will go notify your family. I'm sure they would love to see you."

Before he could walk out, Scott called after him, "How long have I been asleep?"

"Two years Mr. Hoying. You have been in a coma for two years." He explained.