Chapter 14

EXIQUEL's POINT OF VIEW

Red and Lucifer were the only one in the side of the Phoenix well. I guess the others split up to protect mortals, and everyone else must be scattered too. Numerous Phoenixes flew around the well, all ablaze.

Nagtago ako sa isang malaking puno 'pagkat hindi ko alam ang gagawin. There are too many phoenixes around, and I must not catch attention while casting the spell.

I shrieked silently when someone held my shoulder. To my surprise, it was lady Sinclair. She motioned her finger to a hush position, and I nodded.

"Alam mo na ba ang spell na gagawin mo? Have you mastered it?" she quietly asked. I nodded, but my eyes squinted on why she asked it— when in the first place, she was the one who helped me master the spell.

I took a good look on her eyes, it was golden.... but I noticed there was fire within. Her hair was dark, but I couldn't tell if it was dark brown or black because of the tree's shadows.

But I'm sure this is Phoenicia.

Uhm, omg. Zero, help! Sana naririnig n'ya ako. Feeling ko made-deads ako anytime lalo na 'pag gan'to kalapit si Phoenicia. Muntik na nga ako mamatay kanina, kung hindi lang sa demon extract ni papi Lucifer.

"I mastered it, Phoenicia," seryoso kong saad at ngumisi. But deep inside, I was panicking. What bravery! I dashed up the skies using vines, so Lucifer and Red would know that I'm here.

There's no point of hiding anymore, especially now that Phoenicia has found me. Especially now that she's coming after me.

"Xiquel!" Mabilis akong napalingon nang marinig ang boses ni Kuya. He was here! His eyes widened as he saw the full phoenix near me. A swift wind passed by me, and the next thing I knew, he was in front of me.

Phoenicia smirked and cocked her head sidewards. It's so annoying how she looked exactly like lady Sinclair. Gusto ko tuloy s'yang tanggalan ng mukha, or kahit man lang sunugin ang mukha n'ya.

Pero baka mauna pang masunog mukha ko.

"How interesting is it to have a sibling. We could have been siblings if you stayed with us, Exiquel," aniya. Napangiwi naman ako. Ew, no.

Mabilis naman akong napaharap sa likod ko nang makarinig ng papalapit na tunog ng isang phoenix. I fell to the ground because my vines were cut off, and my knees hit the ground hard. Nevertheless, I stood up and hurdled over the tree— yes, a tree. After all, kaya ko naman tumalon ng gan'on kataas with the help of my lovely nature.

But then again, someone cut my lovely vines. Nahulog akong muli, pero ngayo'y may mga brasong sumalo sa'kin. It was Zero, and my eyes widened when I saw his furious look.

"Don't engage with the fight. All you have to do is keep yourself safe, so you can cast the spell," he said, his voice slightly croaking.

Napatango naman ako, at tinapik ang kaniyang kamay para ibaba na ako. Tama naman ang sinabi n'ya, ngunit hindi ko mapigilang mag-alala sa iba.

I looked around at the war going on, and I bit my lip in nervousness. "Zero," tawag ko sa kaniya.

Napailag naman ako nang isang spear ang dumaan sa gitna namin. I looked at the direction at where it came from, and it was just something from those fighting. From a witch holding a grimoire. Nagkataon lang na dumaan sa'min.

Or not.

The spear exploded, throwing me to the side and Zero on the other side. Hindi ko alam kung anong nangyari sa'kin, ngunit pagmulat ko, wala akong nakita.