5: Questionaire from a Billionaire

"I want to know more about you," he says. "Like what your last name is." He begins gently, trying to get me to open up.

"O'Neil," I answer. The answer comes past my lips way to fast for me to stop, and I blush. I shouldn't have told him that. But his blinding smile is too much of a reason to not be upset about it.

"That's a good start," he says. He leads us over to the couch and we both sit down. I get the feeling that he's made a list and he plans to ask me all about my life. "I have a few other questions I'd like to ask."

I was right. I prepare myself for a hard hit, and he rightfully delivers one.

"Did you want to service me?"

What? I think about what the reason might be that he would ask this question. Does he think that I tried to get out of having sex with him by saying I was a virgin? Did he not believe me? Maybe this was his way of finding out if I was a liar. What can I say?

I decide to go with the truth. I hadn't lied to him yet about how I felt that night, and I wasn't going to start now. "I was scared," I pause and wonder if I should continue. "I knew I didn't have a choice—"

"Why?"

This was a painful truth that I wasn't very eager to give to him. It was something that was a part of every sex-worker's life. I had a job to do—for someone who employed me. And if I didn't do that job, I was in big trouble. In this case... "Myra is kind of like our pimp." I wait, knowing that he had met with her before, and when he doesn't say anything, I continue. "She owns us. Every part of us. We answer to her."

He sighs. He looks at a loss for words for several moments. His hair is still wreaked from sleeping on it last night, and he wrings his hands together like he's thinking hard about something. So I start thinking hard about things as well.

And then the lecture in my head starts. He comes from money and I am a cheap whóre. I can't forget who I am or what I come from. We're so much different. Our lives don't work in the same way.

Besides, Myra's probably going crazy right now, not knowing where I am. And when Myra gets crazy...

"Uh..." Carefully, I unwind myself from him and stand up to gather my own thoughts. I don't really have any suitable clothes. I'm still wearing my dress from last night, and although it seems to have held up through my sickness, I really don't want to walk downstairs like this. "I-I don't really—"

"I know," he says as he stands up.

His dark, messy hair falls into his eyes when he looks down, and he reaches to open a drawer in the dresser near the bed. Rows of folded clothes lay inside. He hands me a dress shirt, and I take it just as the familiar sound of Beyoncé's voice in Dance For You echoes around the high ceilings of the penthouse.

I wanna make that body rock, sit back and watch
Tonight I'm gonna dance for you (ohh ooh ohh ohhh)
Tonight I'm gonna put my body on your body
Boy I like it when you watch me, ah

"That's my phone," I say, quickly slipping the shirt on over my dress and instinctively rushing around the corner where the noise is coming from. I grab my cellphone from the kitchen counter and answer it immediately.

"Asp? Asp, you there?" Esther's voice comes on the line.

I put my hand over my ear and look down at my feet, blushing and feeling awkward once I hear one of my best friend's voices—a best friend who didn't even know I was here. The girls probably had no idea what happened to me last night. Was everything away? What did Myra do?