Chapter 4

“Alright we need to find some things about you so we will ask you questions, one at a time and this will help us figure out who we get to mentor you, also who you might be able to learn the most from to better benefit you.” Announced Day.

“So you who had the sword what is your name?” Day asked politely.

“My name is Kailspel. To my left is Jacob. To his left is Alea. To her left is her sister Nena. To my right is Aara. To her right is Elick. To his right is Narous. Then it is Malack and his brother Dorik.” She said and pointed to each in turn eliminating the awkwardness.

“Okay then, Kailspel, how is that spelled?”

“K-a i-l-s-p-e-l.”

“Okay, do you know where you were at in terms of education?”

“Not really.”

“Alright we will work on that tomorrow. Will you all like to live in the same house for awhile to get used to your new setting?”

“I think that that would be best.” Kailspel said looking around and getting nods from everyone.

“Okay, now is there anything power of shifter based that we needed to know about?”

“Yes, no one knows the full extent of their powers yet, so it might be best if we lived farther away from other people.”

Day chuckles slightly.

“Nah, that’s something we can handle I meant what your powers were and do you have a shifting form, and if so is it more than one?”

“Oh, as far as I know it is only the wolf form, I’m not really positive on my powers.”

“Ah, well we have tests for those. Is your wolf form natural?”

“No.”

“Okay. Jacob, what about you? How do you spell your name?”

“J-a-c-o-b.”

“Okay and your education level?”

“No, I don’t know where I would be.”

“Does anyone here know?”

A short sounding of no’s were her answer.

“Okay then, do you know the extent of your powers and do you shift and if you do, do you have more than one?”

“My powers, I’m not sure of, yes I have a wolf form, no its not natural.”

“Alright then, pretty strait forward. Your next Alea. How do you spell your name?”

“A-l-e-a.”

“Do you know the extent of your powers?”

“No.”

“Alright, do you shift?”

“No.”

“Okay, next is Nena. How do you spell your name?”

“N-e-n-a.”

“Okay, how about the extent of your powers?”

“No.”

“Do you shift?”

“No.”

“Pretty simple stuff, okay Aara your next, how do you spell your name?”

“A-a-r-a.”

“Okay and the extent of your powers?”

“I do know that.”

“Okay, you can’t see can you?”

“No.”

“You don’t have anything to worry about, a few people here can’t see either they can teach you anything you need to know about dealing with it. Can you shift?”

“No, are there really people who can help?”

“They can’t cure you, any of you, but they can help you adapt. To learn to get on with living and it may take time but to trust others and really live life. Alright, Elick it’s your turn. How do you spell your name?”

“E-l i-c-k.

“Okay, do you know the full extent of your powers?”

“Not really, I can phase through walls and carry things much more than I weigh but not anything more than that.”

“Well that’s a start, do you shift?”

“No.”

“Okay, next is you Narous. How do you spell your name?”

“N-a-r-o-u-s.”

“Okay, do you know the extent of your powers?”

“I can blend into my surroundings at will.”

“That must make it easy to scare people. Do you shift?”

“No.”

“Alright, Malack your turn, how do you spell your name?”

“Uh, Malack and Dorik are mute we usually speck telepathically with them.” Kailspel says.

“Ah, no worries, I can do that too. We actually have a trick to speak out loud by projecting it. It takes a lot of work so for now we will just go through normal telepathy.

“(How are your names spelled?)”

“(M-a-l-a-c-k. D-o-r i-k.)”

“(Do you know the extent of your powers?)”

“(No.)”

“(Do you shift?)”

“(Not to our knowledge.)”

“(Thank you). Thank you, (your house is set up), your house is set up so you guys can follow Moon to it.”