A late night call...

Sugawara watched the boys in front of him inhale the food that was placed in front of them. He watched as they continued to rub their victory in his face. Daichi had a vein popping from his forehead, but held his smile to try calm himself down. Hinata was arguing with Kageyama, not accepting his defeat and reminding Kageyama of all of the games he had won again him. Tanaka continued to boast, showing off to his wife even though he didn't need to. Sugawara laughed, his smile wide. He missed this. He missed his friends. They all looked at him confused.

"Suga, are you alright?" Asahi looked at Sugawara. 

"Yes," Sugawara smiled to Asahi "I missed this. I'm glad I'm able to experience it, even one last time." Asahi, Tanaka and Noya looked as if he would cry, looking at Sugawara with sadness.

"I missed you guys!" Asahi announced, his eyes tearing up. Within moments, the table was full of grown men who cried at the fact that they all missed each other. Tsukishima sighed, he was the only one of course to not be crying. 

"You're all crying onto the food." he stated, trying to eat. Yamaguchi clung onto Tsukishima, crying. 

~ ~ ~ ~

Sugawara walked into his home, kicking his shoes off. He checked his phone. No new notifications. He sighed softly, before flopping onto his bed. What if I gave her the wrong number? 

He looked towards his TV, turning it on. He quickly flicked through the channels, trying to make time go by. He watched the colours of each channel as they changed, his smile softened. He looked back to his phone. No new notifications. Sugawara sighed, getting up from his couch. He walked off his bathroom to shower and prepare himself for bed. 

Sugawara walked out of his bedroom, wearing blue flannel pajamas. He checked his phone. No new notifications. He sighed softly, a little irritated. Maybe she went to bed early. I didn't tell her to call me tonight. He thought to himself. He walked to his kitchen, grabbing a glass of milk. He looked at the time. 11:05pm.

Bzzzzzzzzzz

Sugawara sprinted to his phone, answering immediately "Hello?"

"Hey, sorry for calling so late, I wanted to see if she has called you yet." Daichi huffed "from that reaction, I will take that as a no."

Sugawara sighed, collapsing onto his couch "is there something wrong with me?"

"No, I think she might have a lot on her mind. Like Yachi said, she has to wake up early tomorrow." Sugawara looked to the floor, thinking to himself. 

"You're right, she might have just gone to bed early."

"You should go get some sleep Suga." 

"You too. I'll see you tomorrow." He hung up, sighing softly. Daichi is right, she probably went to bed early. He walked to his room, placing his phone on charge. Surely she'll call tomorrow.

~ ~ ~ ~

1:05am. 

Why can't I sleep? (Y/N) stared at her ceiling. She needed to sleep soon, otherwise she wouldn't be able to focus tomorrow for her work. She rolled onto her side, looking at her phone. Maybe I could call him...

She picked her phone up, looking at Sugawara's contact photo. His bright smile, his dimples. Her cheeks flushed a dark red. Maybe he's asleep. She sighed, regretting not calling him earlier. Will he hate me for not calling earlier?

(Y/N) took a deep breath, beginning to call the number. The phone rang once, then twice... 

He's probably asleep.

"Hello?" Sugawara answered, his voiced drooled with exhaustion.

"uh, hey. It's (Y/N)... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called so late..."

"No no, it's okay. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep" (Y/N) fiddled with her fingers. 

"Is something on your mind?"(Y/N) hesitated, not knowing how to answer. "Do you want me to come over?"

"No it's okay, you don't have to."

"I don't mind." 

(Y/N) hesitated, thinking to herself. Should I ask him to come over?

"I'll get up now" was his response after she didn't answer "just send me your address."

"It's really late, you should stay home. I'm sorry for waking you up." (Y/N) sighed "could we maybe just... talk?"

Sugawara hesitated "yeah, we can."

The line went quiet for a moment. 

"I'm sorry for not calling earlier. I thought I should try go to bed early."

"It's okay."

Silence. 

(Y/N) stared at her ceiling, thinking to herself. 

"Can I ask why you ran away when we first met?" Sugawara's voice sounded a little hurt, but still tired. "Why you really ran away."

(Y/N) hesitated "I..." she thought to herself "I don't know."

Sugawara was silent for a moment "did something happen?"

"No...well, yes." She sighed softly "it's a long story."

"I have time."

(Y/N) sighed softly before she began to explain "my parents were soulmates... They fell out of love very quickly once they married. I've watched a lot of relationships based on the fact that they're soulmates failed... I guess I don't want that to happen to me..."

Silence.

"It's nothing to do with you, I'm just... not ready I guess."

"I'll wait."

"What?"

"I'll wait, until you're ready."