Lunch with the bois

(Y/N) stared out the window of the car, Yachi driving them to their destination for lunch. Yachi was frowning. "It could be fun you know."

"It's going to be awkward. I ran away from him." this caused Yachi to sigh.

"I'm sure he'll understand. He's excited to meet you."

"Well, he's going to be disappointed, won't he?" (Y/N) leaned back in her seat, rubbing her eyes. "I'm not that special."

"well you are to him. Stop being so unappreciative. Some people never meet their soulmates, you're lucky that you got to." Yachi's voice was stern, she was frustrated that her cousin couldn't try to be positive about this situation. (Y/N) went silent, listening to the faint music that played from the radio. 

"What's he like?" her voice broke the silence. 

Yachi smiled widely "he's kind, optimistic." She began to park the car "he's a good person, you'll like him when you get to know him."

(Y/N) took a deep breath, staring at the restaurant. Her chest tightened slightly, her breathing shortening. "I can't do this."

"Yes, you can," Yachi offered a soft smile "I'll be with you the whole time, and so will Kiyoko. you remember Kiyoko right?" (Y/N) nodded "Take deep breaths, in and out." Yachi guided (Y/N) through her breathing, knowing how hard scary this would be. The girls sat in the car, taking deep breaths together. 

Yachi pulled her phone out, texting the group chat;

Karasuno Bois

YACHI
Hey everyone, are you guys here yet?

SUGAR
Yes.

KIYOKO SIMP
Answer quick enough?

ROLLING THUNDAR
lolololololol

DEAD-CHI
Yes, we're here. just waiting for you.

YACHI
We're just outside.
Could you guys not bombard my cousin with too many questions today. It's already a stressful morning.

DEAD-CHI
You got it.

Yachi sighed in relief, hoping that the boys would listen to her request. She looked at her cousin, placing a hand on her shoulder. "It'll be okay, I promise. Are you ready?"

(Y/N) hesitantly nodded. Yachi counted down before opening the car door for herself, exiting the car, (Y/N) followed suit. She trailed behind Yachi, cowering as if she was trying to hide.

~ ~ ~ ~

The two girls walked into the restaurant, Yachi searching for her friends. Once they were spotted, she waved to them. The group waved back, all friendly smiles. Yachi had taken a hold of (Y/N)'s wrist gently, leading her to the table. (Y/N) stared at how everyone was seated, knowing that they would have planned it for her to sit either next to or across from Sugawara, which was how it went. She sat across from Sugawara, Yachi beside her. 

Sugawara couldn't help but stare, bewitched by his soulmate. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, that was until Daichi elbowed him gently to pull him back to reality. Sugawara jumped from his seat, panicking slightly. He looked at his soulmate before bowing low "(Y/N)-chan. I'm sorry about our encounter this morning! I definitely could have introduced myself in a much better manner."

Daichi face palmed, Tanaka and Noya laughing at the scene Sugawara had caused. (Y/N)'s face had turned red from embarrassment. Sugawara looked up at her, his cheeks warm from embarrassment. Daichi pulled Sugawara down in his seat "Yachi wanted us to chill." his voice was a harsh whisper.

"It's okay, I'm sorry as well, for running out." (Y/N)'s voice was shaken. She clenched her hands under the table. Sugawara offered a soft smile to her, his dimples showing. This caused (Y/N)'s cheeks to redden even further than what they already had been. 

~ ~ ~ ~

They had eaten lunch together, although (Y/N) was quiet the whole time, she never felt left out nor felt bored. The team was all full of curious characters. Noya boasted about his time in Italy and his other travels, and told everyone the story of how he met his soulmate. 

Sugawara was out of it the whole lunch, his eyes only on (Y/N). He noticed her eyes and couldn't take his eyes away from them, he decided that they were his favourite colour. 

How can I get to know you better? He thought to himself.