Tom Riddle

Chapter Two, Tom Riddle

Voldemort laughed. “He is dead, anyone who wants to fight back, then do it! You will all die, no one can save you now. You will all be under the rule of Lord Voldemort !

Nevil Longbottom stepped forward. “The prophecy could have been about one other,” Nevil said in a strong voice.

“You wish to fight me? You will die like Potter you silly boy. AVADA KEDAVRA!”

“EXPELIARMUS!”

The spells collided and Voldemort s wand flew into the air, the green light from his curse hitting him in the face. He fell to the floor, silent and still.

Whispers broke out in the great hall, which turned into shouts of joy, shock, and sadness. Neveil Longbottom had defeated Lord Voldemort, the prophecy was meant for him. Nevil looked at the body of Tom Riddle, shocked, then he saw Harry, facedown and lifeless on the floor. Ron and Hermione were already by his side. Nevil ran over to them.

“Is he okay?” Nevil asked in a small shaky voice.

Hermione looked up, her eyes red and puffy, then burst into tears and looked away.

“I think… he…” Ron couldn’t answer. Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, lie cold and lifeless on the castle floor.

“No…” said Nevil. “He can’t be”

The hall became silent as everyone began to notice the crumpled form of Harry on the floor. Madam Pomfrey quickly came over and summoned up a stretcher, taking Harry away. Moments later she returned, a solemn expression on her face.

“Harry is gone.” She said simply, and then left, a tear trickling down her cheek.

It was a long night for everyone. Families were morning the losses of their friends and loved ones. Everyone was still in shock over the death of Harry Potter, no one expected it. Especially for Nevil to step up and defeat Voldemort how he did. Everyone was glad that he was gone, but there were no celebrations that night for those who were in the Battle of Hogwarts.

The next day the owls came, each with letters trying to find out if their family was okay and copies of the Daily Prophet. One of the news papers was dropped in front of Hermione. She looked at the front page and her eyes filled with tears.

“Listen to this” She said to Ron, Ginny, Nevil, and Luna, who were sitting at a table with her.

“Last night He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named came to Hogwarts with an army of Deatheaters at his side. They attacked the castle without mercy, taking many innocent life’s.  It has been said that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Told Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, that if he sacrificed himself he would spare the lives of the others. Harry supposedly went into the Forbidden Forest on the grounds of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and was then forced to be carried out later, dead, by Rubeus Hagrid by none other than He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named himself. Harry was believed to be dead until he shocked everyone, reappearing to fight He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named for one last time. Harry fired a disarming spell at He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named while the killing curse was aimed at himself. Harry was putting up a fight until He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named pulled back and shot one more curse at Harry, which hit him in the chest. With Harry on the ground, Nevil Longbottom came to the rescue, he caused the curse that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named started firing at him to backfire, killing He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Moments later it was found that Harry Potter had indeed been murdered; The Boy Who Lived would live no more.

-Rita Seeter