Chapter 46

"Arcane Ice Craft: Crystal Blockade!" As Sanjay chanted the spell aloud, the waves dividing the two ships stood up in a jagged, icy terrain.

It seemed for a while that that would be enough to keep the Capricorns from attacking. "Let's get out of here, Captain!" Sanjay called over his shoulder, staring intently at the thick wall of ice in front of him. "We need to get there before them at all costs!" But right when their yacht began moving away, thunder sounded from above, and a shrieking bolt pierced through the block with ease.

"Shit!" Ralph and Carter sheilded themselves against the shards of ice snapping at them, the yacht shaking as the waves resettled. Then, another bolt came crashing down, and all but tore the side of the yacht.

And, as the boat rocked, a person appeared on the deck, in heels and a tight, billowing coat. Sydney Bradley, in all her blonde glory, smirked purposefully. She fixed her hands in her pockets, enjoying their shocked faces. "Did you forget?" She had to yell against the wind, but it was fine. She could bear with it, so long as she could enjoy herself. "Capricorns can teleport, you know."

"You go protect the captain!" Ralph told Carter without looking at him, his eyes on Sydney. "I'll take care of this chic."

"Oh, will you now?" Sydney took out a hand from her pocket and blew at her freshly manicured nails.

Ralph cut to the chase. "Arcane Fire Craft," he held out two fingers in front of him, a thumb and a middle, ready to snap them, and for a second, Sydney felt a little confused. What kind of move required you to snap?
"Crackle Dance!" Oh. But it dawned on her too late, because at the the moment he snapped his fingers, a frenzy of tiny explosions zipped towards her.

Quickly, she attempted to jump out of the way, but no matter where she went, one of those crackling, dancing flames always managed to graze her.

She winced, a big gaping hole ripped into her stockings. It distracted her, and she didn't realize the boy had snapped his fingers yet again. Her ears rang with the constant crackling noise, but this time she moved out of the way fast enough, and her stockings were spared.

"Got you." She froze, a hand at her earlobe. It was held in the snapping position. "You move and I snap, alright?" He was short, but his voice penetrated through her back like a steely dagger. "So unless you wanna blow up, stay still."

As he held his position, Ralph's gaze travelled to Sanjay, who had his own Capricorn to deal with. And by the looks of it, he was a tough one.

"Sanjay Stryker, huh?" Sean Pale looked the Leo boy over, as they stood a few feet apart on the deck. The sun snuck a peak through the clouds, lighting up his light brown hair as it wrestled with the wind. "I knew you'd be trouble." Sean admitted with a sigh.

"And?" Sanjay held up one of his Glacier Pistols, ready to strike. "How do you know who I am? I've never seen you before."

Sean seemed so relaxed, tapping his chin thoughtfully, as if they were merely meeting at a cafe or something. "Well, I don't go out much, so there's that. But you," his blue eyes locked into him yet again. "You're a prodigy, it seems."

Sanjay let out an uncomfortable breath, still holding up his gun. True, he had done alot of discreet missions for Master Spark, but they were covert. No one really knew about him, or what he could do. So how did he?

"Mastering so many Arcanes at such a young age..." Sean continued, taking a step forward. "What possessed you to learn them so early? Even I started later than you. Was it your parents who pushed you?" Sanjay tightened his grip on his weapon. "Or..." Sean's calculative gaze was making him uneasy, "was it because of Harmony Leo?"

His fingers locked onto the trigger all on their own, and an icy bullet shot straight for Sean's face. With the slight, reflexive move if his neck, he dodged it, but his cheek stung with a scratch.

Shocked by his own inability to control himself, Sanjay let his hand fall to his side, his heart pounding as he heaved for air. How? How did he know...?

"Who..." Sanjay felt a surge of anger, glaring at his opponent. "Just who are you?"

A smile tickled Sean's lips. "Me? To you," he got into a fighting stance, one leg thrown back, an arm up for a fist attack. "I'm a rival in love."