F I F T E E N

Olivia.

The elevator dinged and opened at my floor and paint-shirt guy and I stumbled out not unlocking our lips from the other's.

His hands roamed my behind as we tripped our way to my apartment. I didn't even notice the guy with his suit jacket folded over his arm until I had to separate from paint shirt guy to get my key out.

"Mark!" I jumped. "What are you doing here?"

Mark's eyes were focused behind me; where paint-shirt guy stood close enough for me to feel his breath on my neck and his jaw was clenched.

"I wanted to talk to you" he finally looked at me. "Alone"

I didn't want to be alone with Mark and I tried to convince myself it wasn't because I didn't trust myself around him but I also didn't want to have to endure the tension between the two men for a minute longer.

I shot paint-shirt guy and apologetic look "Kevin, I-"

"It's okay babe." He cut me off. He wrapped his arms and kissed the tip of my nose then my forehead. "Goodnight baby"

I nodded and smiled.

"Who was that?" Mark asks immediately we step into my apartment.

"None of your business. Why are you here Mark?"

"I said I wanted to talk"

"Then talk"

He sighs loudly. "Will you go out with me on Saturday?"

What! What the actual hell was he doing??!

"...To your company's cocktail party" he hastily added.

Okay. I'm just going to pretend to myself that I wasn't even the tiniest bit dissapointed.

"Oh..."

I didn't know what to say. I had been planning on asking paint-shirt guy or simply going alone.

"How come you're invited"

"I'm doing business with them, remember"

Oh yeah.

"Mark, I don't think it would be a good idea to d-"

"Livvie, please, I'm sorry for the past. I know I was a jerk and I am very sorry. I'm not asking for anything romantic from you. We could just be friends" he ranted. "Please"

Arrrgh.

"Okay"

"Okay?"

"Yeah." I hesitated "I'll be your date on Saturday."

His face lit up. His eyes which had been dull were suddenly full of life. And on his face was that smile I loved so much that made crinkles at the sides of his eyes. Despite being the biggest idiot ever, Mark was undeniably handsome.

"Thank you. Thank you, Livvie. So I'll pick you up at 7?"

"I'll be ready"

"Great!" He picked up his suit jacket from where he had dropped it over the arm of the couch "I don't want to take up too much of your time. I'll be going"

I walked him to the door. "See you on Saturday" he said before disappearing down the hall.

                       ***********

It was on Friday evening that I realised I had nothing to wear to the party.

All my clothes were either at least 3 years old or sweatpants. "Ahhh shit shit shit"

I immediately dialed Tola's number but it rang through. I sent a one line text to her.

Fire on the mountain.

And my phone rang not two seconds after I hit send.

"What happened" she demanded.

"I'm Mark's date tomorrow and I just realized I have absolutely nothing to wear!"

"Mark's date? What the hell are you talking about??"

"Tola!! Not now. I'm panicking!"

"Oda. What time is this date?"
(Okay)

"He's picking me up at 7"

"10am tomorrow. Be ready."

"I love youuu!!"

She chuckled "Yeah, I know"

                       *************
I felt the sheets being yanked off me but I didn't care. My bed was just too comfortable to leave.

"Girl, you better get your ass up off that bed or you're getting drenched"

Tola. What in the world was she doing here?! And so early in the morning too!

I ignored her and I eventually heard her steps receeding.

Hmmm. Nice. Now what was I dreaming about?

Food? Nope.

Tv? Nope.

Clothes? N- Wait. Clothes. Why are alarm bells ringing in my head.

Clothes. Tola. Clothes. T-

FUDGE!

I bolt upright in bed, my eyes landing on Tola who was calmly walking into the room, a bucket in hand.

"Awwn" she whined "You take the fun out of everything. Do you know how hard it was to empty ice packs into this water?"

"Tola! Why didn't you wake me earlier!!"

"Well I was about to" she smirked.

"What's the time?"

"It's time for you to tell me what the hell is going on with this date."

"Tolllaaaaaa"

"Uhn uhn. Don't even dare 'Tola' me. Why the hell are you going out - not only going out but actually going shopping for said outing with that small-dicked ass?"

I knew there was absolutely no way we were leaving the house without telling her everything. Which wasn't much anyway.

"Hmmm" she said skeptically when I'd finished. "I just hope you know what you're doing."

"It's just a cocktail party, Tola. And it's work-related."

"Yeah yeah. Just get in the shower."

"Yes ma'am".

I realised there was a possibility that I wouldn't be able to have a bath after shopping; even the idea was gross, so I decided to use my nicest smelling soap and shampoo.

Not seven minutes later, I emerged, smelling like a field of flowers and found an outfit laid out on my bed.

Sighing in relief, I quicky pull the little skirt and sweater on and leave my hair to air-dry.

I followed the smell of sausages to the kitchen.

I narrowed my eyes when I saw a plate heaped with eggs and sausages waiting for me. "Sausages right before going shopping. You actually want me to rip a dress in two don't you?"

She laughed "Shut up and eat and be greatful."

"Thank you" I grumbled.

After absolutely stuffing myself, we hopped into Tola's BMW and headed to the mall.

We rode the escalator to the floor where they sold dresses for these kind of things.

"Okay" Told rubbed her hands together "Where do you want to start?"

A/N: I've been busy busy busy! Paint-shirt guy or Mark???
Oh yeah, little empty star right here! ❤️