Chapter 28 - Why did it feel like a goodbye? (J)

“Are you ready Jason?” I heard Elle shout from downstairs. This is probably 4th or 5th time she is calling me; I don’t know why she is so excited about my graduation day. After checking myself in the mirror one last time, I waltzed out of the room towards my annoying sister.

“You took so lo long” she chided impatiently when I walked into the living room.

“Shut up. What’s it to you?”

“Kyle is already on his way and you still haven’t got ready. Your girlfriend might be waiting for you, remember?”

“I AM ready now. By the way, did mom say anything about coming to school today?”

Her face instantly turned sad “She said she is busy today”

“Oh. Fine then, see you at school” I mumbled slowly and was about to walk away when I heard her say “I will be there for you brother”

Seeing her eyes glisten with tears, I took her into my arms and said slowly “I know you will be”

She pulled out of my arms after a while “Now go. I don’t want Anna waiting for you because of me”

“See you then” I replied and walked to my car making my way to Anna’s house.

I still can’t believe time flew so fast and we are already graduating. Anna and I haven’t talked about our future yet but I am planning to ask her since I already got a couple of acceptance letters from different universities. However, I know today is not the right time to discuss serious stuff.

“You look good” Lily commented when she saw me in her living room.

“And you are beautiful, as always” I said placing a small kiss on the back of her palm.

She smiled and called Anna and Emily to come downstairs who ran like five year old kids racing on who comes first.

“That’s cheating, you have long legs” Emily pouted looking at Anna who reached me first.

I chuckled “You forgot to add sexy” Anna blushed while Emily glared at me for not supporting her.

“You look great baby” I said seeing Anna in dark blue jeans and red top. “You too Em”

Anna smiled “Thanks Jace. Y-You look----” 

“Hot? Sexy? Captivating? Gorgeous? Completely kissable?” I asked with a smirk.

“All of the above?” she said with a small smile, her cheeks turning a bright shade of pink.

Emily cleared her throat reminding us of her presence while Lily looked at both of us with a big grin on her face.

“You don’t tell the truth to guys like that dear. It makes them bigheaded and arrogant” Lily advised Anna while Emily rolled her eyes adding “As if he is not already”

“Shut up Em” I turned to Lily and said “That’s what I like about her Lily; she can’t lie to save her life, not to me at least”

Anna’s face suddenly turned sad but seeing me look at her in doubt, she changed her expression to that of happiness but I know it’s fake.

Before I could ask her Lily interrupted saying she’ll get camera to take pics of the three of us.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered slowly in her ear while Em sat on the couch uninterested.

“Don’t say it’s nothing” I said when she tried to open her mouth.

“I am just worried that my dad may not come” she mumbled slowly with a smile. Why did it look like a forced one to me?