Chapter 8 - Harry Potter will never be outdated

--JASON--

Though it's still 2nd day at school after summer holidays, I feel bored already; the same old school, same old teachers and same old classes.

Life was way too easy during holidays; parties, hangovers and brunches.

Now that everything came to an end, I need some time to get back to normal. Strangely, I didn't have this problem when school ended and all of a sudden, I had to stay at home.

My first class today is trigonometry which made me more sulky.

God, I hate Math.

Is there anyone in this world who likes Math?

It's such a stupid subject; all numbers and formulas with lots of problems.

Gabe and I are walking down the corridors when I saw a furious Cheryl charging towards me.

Shit.

One look at her face made me realize that this day is going to get worse.

"Hi Cheryl" I greeted, moving closer to her lips when she stopped me by putting a hand over my face.

After I retracted, she crossed her arms glaring at me "Why didn't you come yesterday night? I waited so long and you didn't even show up"

"Sorry cherry. I had to do something else"

"Is it more important than having----" I shushed her before she can say more, as all the students in the hallway are looking at us.

"I am sorry. I will make it up to you. I promise" I said, kissing her lips.

"You better be" she glared one last time before walking away.

Gabe had a smug look on his face seeing our banter and together, we strolled into the classroom though the class won't start until another ten minutes.

We sat at our regular places and are surprised to see Anna walking into the room, wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt and casual jeans.

"Hey Anns. What's up" I said, surprising myself by calling her with a pet name.

Her face lights up and she smiled, coming our way "Hi"

"You have Trig? I didn't see you yesterday"

"Because you were too busy gossiping with your friend yesterday" she answered.

"Oh" I said, before eyeing her shirt "Don't you think Harry Potter is a little outdated?"

She glowered at me and said through gritted teeth "Harry - Potter - will - never - be - outdated"

Ouch. Looks like I hit a nerve.

"So Anna. Right?" Gabe asked her, speaking for the first time.

"Yup"

"Want to hang out tonight? With me and Jason after my Soccer practice" he said casually.

WHAT?

Her face mirrored the same expression as mine and both of us stared at Gabe in bewilderment.

She cleared her throat awkwardly and mumbled slowly "Um. I work in the evening. So, I can't. I am sorry. Thanks by the way"

"You work. Wow" he said, looking at her in awe.

"Yeah. Didn't Jason tell you what happened yesterday?" She paused, biting her lip to stop herself from laughing "when he was in the store buying a certain something for you"

I gaped at her in astonishment while Gabe looked confused.

She made me speechless that it took several seconds to recover from the humiliation.