Chapter 26 - I know you can't resist me (J)

The week never seemed to end with everyone tensed about last minute applications to few universities and Anna scared about meeting her dad George Phillips. She was so tensed the whole week that I didn’t dare to ask how we are going to work out our relationship if we left for different universities. I know she wants to go to a veterinary school as much as I wanted to go to the best university that offers mass communications and journalism. But I didn’t want to scare her more and kept my thoughts to myself.

Even Emily’s shopping trips couldn’t keep her mind off things; to make life worse Emily started behaving like an obnoxious bitch about the date that the group became so tired and want her to get it over with so all of us can finally get some peace.

To top it off, Anna’s dad George kept calling multiple times every day to make sure we are not leaving anywhere this weekend. He asked me to let him talk to Anna but I denied saying he will only meet her in person and not on phone.

The nerve of that guy. He left her all those years never bothered about how she was and now all of a sudden he is acting like he cares about her. The only reason I am putting up with him is Anna who wants to meet her biological dad as she thinks he should not be blamed for everything happened and he might be as innocent as her. 

Innocent, my ass. I am going to show him his place if he ruins anything. As angry as I am with him about leaving Anna’s mom all those years ago I am also scared that he might take her away from me. I know Anna can never leave me but what if he convinces her about their family and takes her to Europe. After all, they are family and she might want to know them.

It’s Friday already and as excited as I am to get rid of the worst week of senior year I am also excited to meet Anna’s dad who would be here in a few hours. Just as I was thinking of him, he is calling me again for probably 100th time this week.

I glared at the phone though I know it can do nothing about it looking at his number and took the call “What?”

“I have landed already; will be there in 2 hours tops” he said cheerily.

“Can’t wait to meeting you” I responded sarcastically.

His tone turned a bit serious as he said “See boy, I know you are not happy with Anna meeting me. But can’t you at least try to act normal for her?”

“This is me acting normal” I disconnected the call shutting the phone.

I quickly messaged Anna that her dad would be here in two hours max. Knowing that she might come earlier than her shift is completed I quickly went to shower so that I can go to her house before her dad comes.

As expected she came little after I arrived looking panicked as she walked towards me giving me a hug.

“I am here. You need not be worried about anything; I will stay until you want me to” I said softly, playing with her hair.

“Thanks” she mumbled with teary eyes.

“You have beautiful eyes; I told you before, didn’t I? Why do you hurt them so much by crying?”

She smiled “I am not crying, I am just feeling a bit emotional”

I nodded just as she asked “Where is Emily?”

“Lily told me she is getting ready since the past three hours. I don’t understand why she is taking so much time?”

She smirked “It’s a girl thing; you obviously won’t understand”

I scoffed “I know a lot of things about girls; what I don’t know is how you guys have so much patience getting ready if it takes this much time”