TEN.

Chapter Ten
Nyx's POV.

It has been three days after Jazz left the pack- but before she did she planted seeds of doubt in my mind. I'd say they were doused in a spell because they bloomed the exact night she departed. Since then I've spent my nights in the library searching for that one book with answers instead of driving to Tilia's. I've witnessed sunrise break night's reign with a coffee in my cup and a book while I was seated on the balcony of my office during those days. If you ask me why I'm not inside the house and I would not answer precisely. Yet I can feel the need to be one with nature, I long to be in the woods in one of my halves.

My beast misses running freely with nothing stopping her, only the wind seeping through her fur and the smell of earth sending a rush of adventure. I don't plan on letting her out any time soon.

I crave reassurance concerning this vampire man and I, you will break the bond. Yes you will, even if it's spoken unsurely. I honestly wouldn't mind... Alas, I have only myself in this dire situation. Only because you chose so. My wolf stated, I won't deny that for it is true. Jazzlyn is here and so are other people. I only fear one king hearing this unfortunate news from someone besides me.

Recently I have been in tune with my beast more than before, hence why I crave the woods. This is only because I haven't been taking my usual shots, since Corinne's shocking fall Emma hasn't been around to make sure I take them. It's safe to say she's occupied elsewhere. My mother sent me shots for the entire week. She'll be devastated to find I haven't taken any.

I sighed while my whole body was hidden by bubbles in the bath tub relaxing. Why can't we just be happy? Why can't I just be happy? I had a pititul upbringing, I remember the elders used to express their sadness towards me since that incident. It was one of the reasons I worked hard at being the best alpha and that also made me not attend many werewolves gatherings. It's true werewolves love being amid crowds but I don't feel that need most days. It does come once in a while but randomly.

Envisioning my death seems a tad insane, I wonder what the people would say about me... She was a cold alpha who wanted nothing but to avenge her father's death.

Or, she was the most disturbed. She fell in love with a mateless king but sadly it didn't work in the end because of her secrets.

They'd say countless things. Everyone would speak their own opinion, I wonder if they'll cry.

They should cry, along with nature. This world should weep for my downfall the moment my soul leaves my body.

"I'm here for my mate." In the room filled with steam my sister's figure appeared slowly, the pink of her dress mingled with the white air creating a scene you'd only see in fairyland. Words resonated in my ears before her body appeared. Once she appeared I drank her standing figure in from head to toe before locking my eyes with hers. In them there was a proud glow and her stance seemed unbothered.

But, "I want my mate," means someone is more than worried. Deciding to feign bewilderment I quirked a brow at her which made her shoulders drop in escape of a sigh, her body in sync too. Mine is rigid due to the tension of the previous agonizing nights but she saw none of that, to her I'm normal like all previous days.

If I had kept my face neural she would've noticed I have discovered her secret. Which is true but I don't want to be on the wrong side of her today. I can feel the change in her aura meaning she's in tune with her magic than usual. "You might want to begin by mentioning who he is and when you found him sister." I hoped my voice was convincing enough for her to continue. She's a wise one but quickly falls for words and once you've known her very well you'll know which words to use, also when to use them. She's so transparent in my eyes.