Chapter 18

Why am I moving right now? Can't a person sleep peacefully for once please? A blow of wind hit me and I started to get goosebumps.

I snuggled deeper like a kitten to its mother into the soft jacket that smelled so good.

I heard a soft chuckle then a whisper.

"We're nearly there, darling."

Wait a minute. That voice sounds familiar. Oh no. Don't tell me Luca is carrying me.

I jump up from his arms only for him to hold me tighter to keep me from getting out of his hold.

"Sh it's okay, Luna, we're just going up to the penthouse."

I observe everything around me and see the ladies at the reception desk giving us curious stares. I blush from embarrassment.

I look back up at Luca.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could've saved you the trouble of having to carry me."

"I didn't want to disrupt your sleep. And trust me, it's no trouble." He said flashing me one of his beautiful smiles.

"I can walk from here now." I told him trying to get out of his arms once more but he still kept me still.

"I really don't mind, Luna. Just let me carry you." He said in a way where I couldn't say no.

I relaxed in his arms and let him carry me.

"Thank you darling."

We got into the elevator and Luca used his elbow to press in the floor number. Number 40. That's high up.

The door closed and I knew what was going to happen next. That feeling when travelling in a elevator always tickled me for some reason.

As the elevator was going up, I tried hard to keep in my giggling.

I can't take it anymore. I giggled so hard and hid my face in Lucas jacket. I can't stop. It's ticklish.

"What's wrong darling?" He asked me.

"The elevator tickles me." I told him still giggling and looked up to see him smiling down at me like I was something precious that he didn't want to lose.

I blushed and looked down. It was too much. Here I was, in his arms with him looking down at me with a loving gaze.

"Adorable." I heard him whisper to himself.

The elevator doors opened and we walked into the hallway and came across a door.

"Can you please reach into my right pocket and take out the keys please?" He asked me.

"Sure." I reached into his right pocket and grabbed the keys. I unlocked the door and Luca pushed it open with his foot.

"Welcome to our new home. For a while that is." Luca said.

I looked around. It seemed nice and simple and looked obvious that only a man lived here.

"It's nice." I told him.

"You can walk now." He said and carefully put me on the ground and held on to me until my legs were able to hold me.

I stretched my arms out. I love a good stretch. I turned around and faced Luca.

"What time is it?" I asked him looking around for a clock but failed to find one.

Luca raised his arm to check his watch. "It's currently 12. You should get some sleep." He told me. He leaned on the wall watching me.