42. Photograph

RACHEL

RACHEL

"He's what?" I didn't quite believe Skylar's words.

Elliot? Drunk? No way. Right?

"Rachel, I'm sorry. After you left, Elliot and I decided to try the wine. We only had one cup, but Elliot seemed to really like it so he had like 7 cups. I tried to stop him, but he just wouldn't," Skylar explained with an apologetic frown.

I shook my head dismissively. "Don't worry. It's not your fault. Where is he?" I asked, slightly panicked when he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"I told him to wait on the stairs by the library. I gave him a strawberry he was really fascinated about," she replied.

"Okay. You guys go ahead and enjoy the dance. I'll stay with him," I said.

Before Skylar or Maddie could reply, I was already heading towards the stairs in a quick pace. I found Elliot sitting on the bottom step, studying a strawberry covered in chocolate sauce with fascination. Even from a few feet away, I could see that his eyes were sparklingly and a wide smile lingered across his face.

I slowly made my way to him. When I stopped in front of him, Elliot's gaze coincidentally passed to my silver heels. His head rapidly jerked up and his drunk eyes widened.

"Rachel! I missed you!" Before I knew it, he was already up on his feet, pulling me into a crushing embrace.

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled.

"Stupid shithead. I left you alone for 2 minutes and you got yourself drunk?"

Elliot instantly drew back. "I'm sorry. The happy juice was just so good," he answered with a dreamy expression.

Happy juice.

Oh my God. This guy.

"Here. I saved a strawberry for you. It's smells just like you," he said, shoving it into my mouth.

It came to me as a surprise and I coughed a little while chewing the big strawberry in my mouth before swallowing it. "Yeah, thanks, Elliot."

"Come on, lets go outside. I think you need some air," I said, grabbing his hand.

As I started to drag him with me, Elliot immediately stopped before turning me around to face him. He was smiling widely like a child.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

He held my hand up and interlaced each and every finger properly with his. A soft smile tugged on my lips as he smiled proudly.