4. The School's Princess

ELLIOT

ELLIOT

Today was my third day at this school and I must admit that it was million times better than my old school.

The teachers were...phenomenal? Yeah, that might have been the right word to use. They taught in a way that even the dumbest kid on earth could pick up a few things about the Civil rights movement, algebra or poetry.

As for the students, they didn't ask any questions after the teacher introduced me to the others each and every time I came into a different classroom to study a different subject.

The food, breakfast, lunch, and dinner was delicious and my dorm was pretty comfortable as well.

On top of everything, I hadn't picked a single fight with anyone. While I headed inside the classroom where I'd be having social studies, I gave myself a proud mental pat on the shoulder.

Maybe fate was really on my side this year.

Now, putting aside the positive sides with this school, there were also a few negative things. Okay, maybe just one.

The redhead snake.

I hadn't started tutoring her yet, but she shot me the deadliest looks the very few times time we walked past each other. I didn't see her much, both during classes or in the evenings when we had free time.

And when I seldom did see her in most of my classes. She always sat in the last row sunk down in her chair either drawing on her hands with a blue pen or staring out the window.

Additionally, she was always angry or moody.

She clearly had anger issues, because almost all the students feared her. I noticed the way their gazes darted down every time she passed by and how they fearfully cleared the way for her.

I pushed the thoughts aside when everyone had taken their seats and Mrs. Wilson started class with writing a word on the blackboard with big capital letters.

Feminism.

She had a black tight skirt on with a white blouse while her hair was still in a tight bun as if it was happy like that. Her glasses were perfectly fit in her eyes while she smiles kindly to the class.

"I would like a clear definition of feminism," she said, her voice kind and calm as it was the last time I heard her speak on my first day here.

When nobody raises their hands, Mrs. Wilson didn't sigh of exasperation but instead smiles widely.

"Still not over Christmas break?"