Chapter 4. The Spell Book

"Luna!" Mom tightens the hug. "I've missed you so much!" She finally lets go after what felt like 10 minutes.

"I've missed you too."

"Why didn't come home sooner?" Mom frowns.

"I was busy at school, I really wanted to come home, really." I gripped my purse, hoping mom isn't sad.

"Oh well, doesn't matter that you're here now. Come in." She opens the door wider to let me through. Phew.

I walked into the living room. It was pretty big and smelled like lavender and herbs. I walked up to a crystal ball on top of the fireplace. I remember when I was about six, I stole it and asked it a question. "Where can I find strawberries." six years old me asked. Then a face popped out and said, "You are not worthy of it!"Then I screamed and ran away. I laughed at the memory.

"Come and sit down." Mom said behind me. I turned around and saw her sitting on the couch.I sat down in the chair across from her.

"So what's been happening at school? You got a boyfriend?" Mom asked eagerly.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!

AGAIN?

I've literally been asked that twenty minutes ago! I repeat: Whats with so many people interested in my nonexistent love life!

"Ugh!" I throw my back against the back of my chair, draping my body over the back. "Why is so many people asking that question! First Sasha, then the Taxi driver, now you?"

"Alright, I'm sorry. You're not ready to have a boyfriend, I get it." Mom laughs and I lift my body back up in a upright position."

"Speaking of boys, where is dad?" I wanted to see him too, I haven't seen him the last time I've been here. I feel like I've almost forgotten his face.

"Oh, he's away for a magic conference in Australia." Mom said sadly. Dad goes on lots of trips like this. Mostly to meetings and sometimes to work for other sorcerers. "Don't worry, it probably won't be long until he comes back. And I'll tell you when he does." Mom reassures me when she saw my disappointment. "So back on the topic, hows school." She changes the subject.

I told her everything that's going on in my life. My friends, classes, and my grades. Anything that I could possibly tell. Then I thought of the food poisoning. Just by thinking it sends a chill down my spine.

"Oh, theres something that I want to tell you, something that happened at school." I put on a serious face.

"I'm listening." Mom leans in closer.

I took a deep breath. "Two students at my school got a really bad poisoning." I hold my face in one of my hands. "One is my roommate Crystal, the other one is Sasquatch, a student from the monster group."

"Food poisoning?" Mom raises one of her eyebrows.

"Yes, from the school lunch. First it was Crystal, she's at the hospital right now. And on the second day, Sasquatch ate the meat at school and got it too." Mom listens to me with great concentration. "And that's when everything went crazy." I explained to her in detail of the rain and crow situation that day.

"That sound like an absolute disaster!" Mom exclaimed. "And that girl Storm sounds like a big trouble." She added.

"Yeah, remind me to have my umbrella ready when I'm around her." I laughed. "I went to the hospital to see Crystal in the morning, with Sasha."

"How is she?"

"She is getting better, but she still needs to stay there for two to three days." I sighed. "It's different in the dorm without her."