Chapter 19. It's Time to Stop Looking

"But, that's not possible!" I gaped the doctor in surprise. "The normals hate us! It can't be a villain!"

He scratched his wild curly hair and puffs out a huge breath. "But there's still a chance it might be a normal," He says. I widen my eyes. "While we have no access to their part of town, they do." 

I nodded my head slightly. There are no rules stating that the normals can't come to our part of town, but you never see them here because, well, they just like to stay away. 

"So if it was a normal, they would have to come here to get the poison, then plant it into the water and food?" I asked. 

"That's the most logical explanation," He says. "IF, he or she was a normal, of course." He added.

I look down at the bag containing the poisons. Then back up at him. I flash him a genuine smile. "Thank you, I got to go." Then I turned and ran out. 

I looked around at the parking lot. 

Honk!

The green cab circles around me. It pulls up in front and I jump in. Slamming the door shut forcefully. 

Lou flinches and turned around with a weird face. "Geez, what happened?" 

"I got one of them identified!" I slide over to the seat directly behind her and grabbed onto the driver's headrest. "But they're both from here Lou! They both can only be found in our part of town!" I exclaimed. 

"What?" She starts the car and slowly pulls out the parking lot. "So whoever's behind this is a villain?" 

"Not sure," I shook my head. "The normals have access here too." I leaned my head against the window and watch everything around us blurs as Lou speeds up.

"Girl, that makes everything more complicated." Lou taps her fingers rhythmically on the steering wheel.

"I know right! That doesn't even narrow down the list of suspects, it lengthens it." I rubbed my eyes exhaustedly.

"But at least now you know what one of the poison is." She says. "Didn't you get one of them identified?"

"Yes."

"Well," Lou takes a turn onto a smaller road. "Right now, look for the same type of poison in the suspect's room, or where they live." Lou suggests. 

"Yeah, I suppose I can do that." I peek out at the sky. It was very sunny. "Hey what time is it?"

Lou peeks over at her phone resting on the seat beside her. "It's 11:15." 

I suck in a breath. It's almost lunchtime at Starlight. Should I go? 

I scrunched up my eyebrows and looked down at my lap. 

Rin and the others might question why I wasn't there in the morning. But I really should go, especially to search for traces of Alestile and the other poison there.  

I'll just tell them I had a doctor's appointment.

"Hey Lou," I tapped her shoulders. She turns a little but still kept her eyes on the road. "Can you go faster? I need to go somewhere." 

She gave a cheeky grin. "Sure thing." And speed up. Making my body slam into the back of my seat. Despite how dangerously fast we are going, the sooner I get there the better.

Minutes past and Lou never once slowed down. Then suddenly, she slams her feet into the brakes. Stopping the car instantly. I flew forward and hit the back of Lou's seat. "Ow!"

She whirls around and stares at me wide-eyed. "Sorry! That's how I usually drive when I'm alone." 

"It's fine." I brushed my hair out of my face and looked out the window.