23 | jersey

(Pic: just cuz it's funny :))
Chapter 23: jersey
Jersey: noun; a knitted garment with long sleeves worn over the upper body.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
23. Jersey
We walked over to my table and sat down. She sat next to me as the rest watched her with curiosity. Jessica glanced around the table nervously. "Everybody this is Jessica, Jessica this is Everybody." I introduced.

She smiled appreciatingly at me. "It's nice to eat at a table for once." She joked.

"You can eat here everyday if you'd like?" Clara said happily.

Jessica's face brightened and she nodded her head excitingly. "I'd love that!"

Dylan turned to me after they started to eat agian. "Clarke, why aren't you eating?"

"Already ate." I said pointing to my belly.

"Ok, now that you have no distractions, I have a question to ask you."

"Shoot."

"Do you want to wear my jersey for the game this Friday?" He asked.

Clara's mouth gaped open as she started to choke on her food. Dustin jumped up and started to pat her back vigorously as she choked up her food. "Can you repeat that please." She demanded in the middle of coughs.

"I was wondering if Sam would like to wear my jersey tomorrow for the game?" Dylan repeated.

I thought about it for a while. Would I want to? I have no idea, I glanced over at Blake's table to see him chatting to the head cheerleader, Sydney Pink. Even after she pushed me a couple weeks ago, he still took her side. I guess I know where his jerseys going. I looked back at an awaiting Dylan, "don't you want to give it to a cheerleader?"

His face morphed into a playful expression. "I was hoping you'd be my cheerleader."

Where does this boy get his one liners? "Ok, sure I'll wear your jersey." I agreed, happiness clear in my voice.

"Cool, I'll text you when I'll drop it off." He winked

"I don't have your phone number." I pointed out.

He walked away without answering and I stumbled to get my phone out of my back pack. I pulled it out after a long fight with the zipper on the pocket, and opened it up to my contact lists to see the name 'Sexy Football Player' written above a phone number. I laughed out loud at his choice of a name. I looked around to see him walking out of the cafeteria, he turned around at my laughing. "You know it's true baby doll!" He yelled across the cafeteria getting everyone's attention.

Blake looked at who the football captain was talking to and he locked eyes with me. His face was unreadable as he glared at me before he turned to Sydney again. Before he turned I could see a hint of hurt in his eyes before he focused his attention on Sydney.

I turned away in return and started to to talk to Jessica about what classes she had and all the other get-to-know-each-other talk, all the while feeling a certain pair of eyes burning into my back. I shook it off and went to the next class after saying bye to Jessica, Clara and Dustin.

I walked to gym and into the locker room. I decided to work out in my uniform. I took off my jacket and cap before walking out to the gymnasium that surprisingly was clean after the celebration today, I need to remind myself later to thank the janitors for all that they do.

I saw the boys huddled in the corner and I went over to join them. Before I could get there they turned around and marched towards me in perfect order, all synchronized. One guy in the front was yelling 'left, right, left, right' over and over again until they reached me and they all saluted me. I laughed at the gesture and Dylan came up to me. "Like the surprise?"

I nodded and gave him a hug before the coach came into the gym and started to yell commands. "Run 5 laps around the gym! Now!"

God I've missed him. I smiled at him before hobbling over to him. "Hi coach."

"Why hello soldier, why are you here?"

"Well, unless where doing leg day I can work out my arms." I clarified.

"Clarke do I need to remind you that you don't have a leg?"

I laughed. "I can show you what I can do without a leg, after all I've been doing it for 6 months." I stated.

"Ok, ok, I'll let you but on one condition."

"And that is?"

"You'd show these suckers who's boss!"

I laughed "That's the plan!"

The boys started to come around the gym and most where breathing heavily as they bent over and caught their breaths. Dylan of course being the first to finish without breaking a sweat, and the others straggling behind. Once everyone was back we made our way to the weight room, the boys and I gathered around Coach's desk waiting for directions on what we're doing today.

"Alright sad excuses for Men, we are doing whatever Clarke here wants to do, after all it is Veterans Day."

Everyone agreed except for one guy in the back. "I don't believe that she's a veteran." He interjected. I recognized him as the back up quarterback, Luke.

Dylan stepped up to him. "Are you challenging her, because I'll beat you to a pulp if your are!"

I put a crutch in front on Dylan before he could reach his future victim. "It's ok Dylan, I've got this."

I reached Luke and asked calmly "what don't you believe?"

"That you where in Afghanistan, and that you lost your leg, you used some sort of trick when you showed the school."

The fact he was challenging my leg lit the fuse to my anger. "Do you want to see proof?"

"Yes"

"Sam you don't have to." Coach said.

"It's ok, I will." I replied

I sat down in coaches desk chair and put my crutches to the side. I rolled up my pant leg and looked up to see what he had to say.

"Fake." Luke stated.

I grabbed his hand and waved it under my leg. "Do you need more proof?"

Still challenging me he nodded and I grew more angry. I rolled it up father and took off the protective covering, it showed the one thing I never wanted to show anyone, my stump covered in scars was revealed and I sat there proudly as he stared at it. "Do you honestly not believe me now?"

He shook his head and stepped away. That's what I though you little brat. I put my sleeve back on and rolled down my pant leg. "Is everyone else good?" I asked. Once everyone nodded I smiled and yelled out instructions on what we where doing. Not giving out mercy I dished out a military workout that tired most recruits in the army.

It took them five minutes to get started and I smiled as they started to struggle. Coach came up to me "Can you teach me some of those workouts so I can scare my other classes as well as you scare this one?"

I grinned. "Sure, there just military workouts, so I can get you a sheet explains everything."

He patted my shoulder and after saying thank you, I walked over to Dylan who was my partner. "You ready to work out?"

"Sure thing baby doll."
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: thank you so much for 5k reads! 🎉🎉😍😍
🤔Question: favorite hobby?---->
Comment•Vote•Share