22 | talk

Chapter 22: talk
Talk: verb; speak in order to give information or express ideas or feelings; converse or communicate by spoken words.
▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
22. Talk

We arrived at a building, the car covered up the name of the restaurant and I couldn't get a good look at it when we where driving up to it. I looked over to Blake but he was already out of the car. I stepped out and almost screamed when I saw we where at Panera. Blake smiled at my expression.

We walked into the building and went to self-order. I ordered a carb loaded lunch including Macaroni and Cheese and an orange scone. Blake ordered a grilled cheese and tomato soup. I went for my credit card, but Blake beat me to it. "No way am I letting you pay." He said sternly.

Before he could swipe it an older lady walked up to us and swiped her card. "Happy Veterans Day." Was all she said before she walked away after paying for our lunch.

I hobbled up to her and tapped her shoulder. "Thank you." I said.

"No, thank you." She said putting and emphasis on you.

I smiled warmly and walked to the table Blake sat at next to the window. He was staring out of it and was looking at the sky. He noticed me sitting across from him and looked back at me.

"Sam, we need to talk."

I nodded. I anticipated this, no wonder he was quite in the car, eh knew he would get answers by bringing me to Panera. "Shoot." I said

"I knew you all throughout elementary and middle school, since when did you want to join?"

"Do you remember Cole?"

"Yea, he is your brother. He came back a couple weeks ago."

I nodded. "After he joined I wanted to join too, he was my idol after all."

"Ok, I guess that makes since. What happened to your leg? I thought you said it was a Motorcycle accident?"

"I didn't want to tell you than. I wasn't planning on telling you when you dumped me in the pool." I said accusingly.

Blake visibly cringed at the memory. "Sorry about that."

Someone set a tray down on the table next to ours. I noticed it was our food and looked up at the server. I fell out of my chair and pointed at him.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at the server

He seemed surprise by my outburst and than when he realized who I was his eyes went wide. "Sam, what are you doing here?"

Blake rushed over and helped me back into my chair. He turned and guarded me with his body. "What do you want Jack? If you want to hurt her, you'll have to get through me." He said protectively.

Jack stuttered. "You think I want to kill you?"

"Well yea, you hit me with a truck!" I replied in a duh tone.

"I did want to in the beginning, but not anymore! Cole is alive so I don't have a reason anymore."

I shook my head in disbelief. No way am I going to just forget about what he did to me. "I need to go." I demanded.

Blake didn't spare a second and he helped me out of the restaurant. We left a shocked Jack as we sped out of the parking lot in Blake's car.

"I didn't know he would be there, sorry." Blake muttered

"It's ok....wait? Did I just hear you apologize!" I laughed as I turned towards the bad boy next to me.

"Don't want to talk about it." He mumbled as he drove into our schools parking lot. He parked in the handicap space and I glared at him.

"Why would you use my disability as an excuse for a good parking spot?" I asked

His eyes widened as he noticed what he did. "No...I would never do that, I always park here because I have my grandmas handicap card." He explained

I nodded still not convinced at his explanation. "Well let's get back to school, lunch has probably ended already."

We went inside to see people still sitting down in the cafeteria. I went over to my table as Blake went over to his. I sat down next to Clara and she turned surprised to see me. "Hey! Your back soon!"

"Yea, we are fast." I lied.

Dustin gave me a side hug as he sat down next to me with a tray full of food. "I'm proud of you, you finally did it!"

"I'm glad I did, no more hiding."

We fell into a comfortable silence until a tray was slammed down on the table across from me. I looked up and saw Dylan standing there. "Why didn't you tell me? I thought we where friends!" He pouted.

I laughed at the fact he football player was pouting to an A-class loner. Who knew the football captain would want to be friends with me.

"I barely know you." I pointed out

He sat down and started to eat. "Well, we have to change that." He said winking. I blushed a little and looked down at the table. "You look 10 times stronger in that uniform you know. You look bad ass." He complimented making me blush harder.

Clara high-fived Dylan. "That's exactly what I said!"

Clara and Dylan where still talking when a girl approached me at our table. I instantly recognized her as Kurt's niece. She was wearing a shy smile as she made the final steps to me.

"Hi" I said

She smiled back "My Auncle wanted me to invite you to dinner tonight. He say's and I quote 'go over and talk to your future bestie and ask her to come over for dinner'"

I laughed at the thought of Kurt saying 'bestie'.

"Sure! I'd love to, whats your name and your phone number so we can arrange it?"

"My names Jessica." She gave me her phone and I put my contact information in their under the name 'Future Bestie'. She didn't look at it before she put it in her back pocket. "I'll text you!"

"Yea" I agreed, I saw her walking back to a tray on the floor. She sat down and ate on the floor as she started to observe the people around her.

I took my crutches and got up.

"Where are you going?" Dustin asked.

"I'll be back." I said.

I hobbled over to Jessica and she looked up at me. "Do you want to sit with me?"

She smiled at me and got up with her tray. "I'd love to."

▬▬▬▬۩▬▬▬▬
Note: just your annual reminder on how much I love you!💕(
🤔Question; fav Disney character?---->
Comment•Vote•Share