TWENTY

It was Sunday afternoon and I had decided to have a day where I stayed in. I was hoping to catch up on any TV shows that I had missed and read a couple of books. Maybe some Ben and Jerry's ice cream could come into the mix.

As I was about to snuggle down onto the sofa in my pyjamas, the doorbell rang. Rolling my eyes, I made my way to the front door. I didn't care if anyone saw me in my pyjamas with bed hair because today was my day where I could be me and not have to impress people.

Opening the door, I didn't expect to see a hyper Sara with her arms elongating for a hug. Whilst I was getting choked by a wild Sara, Ashlee strided passed us into my house. She didn't even care at the fact I was being strangled. And she called herself a friend.

"Why are you still in your pjyamas?" Ashlee enquired, narrowing her eyes at my sleepy-self. "It's like twelve in the afternoon!"

"W-Well," I coughed, trying to speak clearly. "I-Iem S-Sleepeyydjx."

"Sara!" Ashlee gasped, finally pulling Sara off. "Try again, Leia."

"I'm sleepy!" I exclaimed, feeling the colour come back to my face.

"Oh?" Ashley looked puzzled. "From what exactly?"

I thought back to yesterday and how I was up all night contemplating and wondering if I meant anything at all to Mason.

"I just stayed up late...r-reading a book," I lied, rubbing my arms sub-consciously.

"Mhmmm," Ashlee hummed, crossing her arms.

Ignoring her, I sleepily stumbled back to my lounge. As I fell onto the sofa, I grabbed my Ben and Jerry's, that I had left on the coffee table, and began to eat.

Ashlee and Sara just stared at me whilst I ate, creeping me out a little. I backed into the sofa with ice cream in my mouth since they were freaking me out a little.

"What flavour?" Sara suddenly asked, plopping herself down onto the sofa and scooted towards me.

I glanced down at the pot and grinned cheerfully. I always made the right choice.

"Caramel chew chew," I nodded, scooping up more delicious ice cream with my table spoon. I moaned in delight when it entered my mouth.
(A/N: I know what you're thinking ;) You dirty-minded youth)

Sara jumped in the air and screamed out, "Cookie dough and peanut butter cup is so much better!"

I shook my head vigorously.

"Yeah! I agree with Sara!" Ashlee added, nodding over to a hyper Sara.

I glanced over at Sara and rolled my eyes as she jumped everywhere in my lounge, "Aren't I meant to be the hyper one? I've nearly eaten half this pot."

I held up my pot so they could both see. I was so going to die of heart disease and that was a fact, but a risk that I would take for my precious caramel chew chew. As I was about to take another spoonful, my eyes widened when she got closer and closer to the untouched table I had left since my dad had gone.

And before I could warn Sara about the plant pot on the table, she knocked it straight off. Typical Sara.

"Sara!" I cried out once I realised what plant pot it was. "That was my mother's."

Sara averted her eyes to the shattered pieces of plant pot that scattered the floor with a guilty look upon her face.

Staring over at the broken pieces, something shiny caught my eyes. What could that be? I shakily stood up, placing my spoon and icecream onto the coffee table.

After making my way over to the sharp pieces, I crouched down and carefully chucked bits out of the way. I blinked a few times before properly staring at the shiny, metal key. A key? Why would my mum need a key other than one to enter the house? She never drove. Only my dad could, so what was that key for?

"What's that, Leia?" Ashlee wondered, sitting down next to me while looking at the key with curious eyes.

"A k-key," I stammered. "But I don't know what for."

"Any secret basements?" Sara asked as she peered at the key.

"No."

They both looked at me with blank looks.

"OK, OK," I muttered. "But not that I know of anyway."

"How do you know there is a basement if you don't know it?" Sara queried, stroking her chin like a detective.

"My mum would always talk about this basement in my Grandma's house," I replied. "What's strange is, that I've never been to my Grandma's."

"Where does she live?"

"More like, where did she live," I murmured but rolled my eyes once they stared at me with puzzled looks. "She's dead."

They both let out a small 'oh' in sync.

"So, where did she live?" Ashlee asked.

"In a house not too far from here," I smiled, getting an idea. "We could go...but it's abandoned."

Sara and Ashlee squeaked more likely in fear than excitement.

"Too scared?" I raised my eyebrows up at them with a challenging look sparkling in my eyes.

"Nah!" They both denied.

Staring at them like they were abnormal creatures, I stated, "You guys are weird."

"We know," they, once again, replied to my comment together.

____________________________________________________________________________
This might be really short, but don't fret. A new chapter will hopefully be out quicker than you know it :)

Don't forget to VOTE and feel free to COMMENT. No nasty comments though! Anyway, I will see you soon my lovelies <3

Gem Gems