Chapter 3

Picture of Amira

Rosabella's POV
It has been three weeks since Carter dropped the news bomb about the Alpha king and the banquet. Carter took all his friends who lived in the packhouse out for fun,leaving I and Di 'home alone'. Today is also Danielle's birthday and also the reason I am stalking towards the basement to wake her up.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" I start running when I hear a thump accompanied by a groan.

"ROSABELLA!!" When I hear this, I know I am in big trouble as she normally calls me Sis or Rose and Rosabella when she is livid.

I ran, leading her to her birthday present. I stop to catch my breath as I hear her catch up with me.
"How dare you do that, you m-" She stops as her eyes land on her present. Di always loved to paint, but her supplies ran out, and she has been wanting to buy some for some time. So, as a birthday present, I got her a new canvas and a new set of paint and paintbrushes.

When I looked back at her, her eyes were filled with unshed tears and a big smile that seemed about ready to tear off her face.
"You d-didn't have to do all this." She said with her hand over her mouth as she looked at her present in awe.

"It's the least I could do since this will be your last birthday in this place." I replied as I dragged her towards the canvas. "And if you are thinking of ways to repay me, don't. Save all your surprises for my birthday."

After some minutes of Di thanking me and admiring her gift, we started taking everything back to the basement because Carter and his friends are sadistic idiots and will stop at nothing to make our lives miserable.

After relocating all the art supplies, we got back to doing the chores assigned to us. Later on, Amira joined us and helped us with the chores.

Around four in the evening, we had finished the chores and were taking a stroll outside. As we were talking, Danielle let out a pain filled scream. "It hurts," she groaned as she fell to the ground. I just stayed planted to the ground as I watched and heard as her bones broke and aligned in different places. After a few minutes, she had fully shifted into her wolf. Her wolf was toffee colored with black on her ears and feet. She had hazel eyes, just like Danielle. I and Amira shifted and gave control to our wolves to bond with Di's wolf a bit.

"What's your name?" I asked my sister's wolf. Whenever someone shifts for the first time, the wolf will be in complete control to get used to a new body and environment. "Danya, my name is Danya." She replies hesitantly. "Well, nice to meet you, Danya. My name is Gloria. " " And my name is Zara, and it is so nice to meet you." Amira's wolf replies while jumping and wagging her tail in excitement. After the introductions, we continued our stroll in wolf form with Zara and Danya bumping into each other and rolling around in the sand.

We walked until we reached the waterfall, our place of relaxation. We sat all huddled up together, just enjoying each other's companies and the scenery around us. After an hour, Danya started becoming drowsy, so we headed back to the pack house. As we reached the pack house, we said goodbye to Zara, as she did not live in the pack house.

When we were near the packhouse, we hid behind a tree to shift back and wore the clothes hidden under the tree. I ushered Di to her room, telling her to go rest as I knew that shifting was extremely tiring and took a toll on the body. I finished up the rest of the chores as Carter and his friends entered the house.

"Rosa darling, make for me and my friends some food, would you?" "Sure, Alpha."

Apart from baking and singing, I also enjoyed cooking. It was the only chore that I was happy with doing. I got to work cooking an Alfredo pasta as it was simple and easy to make. When I was done, I served the pasta to Carter and his friends.

"Thanks, darling. Come sit here." Carter says, patting his lap. "I don't think I should, Alpha." "Nonsense I insist, come sit here," Carter ordered with his Alpha voice. As if I was hypnotized, I walked to his lap and sat there, unable to get up.

"Well darling, I have some exciting news for you. You and your sister will no longer have to do chores as the banquet is around the corner, and I want you looking your best as the next Luna to this pack." He said wickedly while running his hands up and down my arm, making me grimace in disgust.

"What do you mean as next Luna of the pack? I never agreed to that." I questioned anxiously. "I want you, and you are taking too long to answer, so I have decided that you will be my Luna." Carter replied like I didn't have an opinion. "And if I was to say no?" "I wouldn't accept it." As he said this, I felt hot tears cloud my vision, but there was no way I was crying in front of all this numbskulls so I suppressed the tears.

"Permission to leave, Alpha," "Permission granted." As I was about to stand, Carter pecked my cheek and waved me off with a psychotic look on his face. I ran down to the basement and let the tears flow, I really hope that I find my mate as they are my only hope of freedom.

Carter, that big meanie, scaring our Rosabella.
What do you guys think of the story so far. Don't forget to comment. Constructive criticism is accepted as I am a new writer.
Hope to see you guys soon.