Chapter 2

Picture of Danielle

Rosabella POV
"What? Really?" Danielle immediately turns away from what she was doing and looked at me expectantly. Well, that solves one of my problems.

"Yes, I have been thinking a lot about it and I have decided that both of us could run away when I turn 18 as that is a week away from your birthday and you will be better acquainted with your wolf by then".

Immediately after I say this, she starts bawling her eyes out. Like wait, what. "I'm sorry, Di, if I made you upset. We can discuss this if you don't want to leave right now. Don't cry." I plead desperately, I hate seeing my sister cry as she is the only family I have left.

Then suddenly she jumps forward and pulls me into a bone crushing hug "I am not crying because I am sad or angry, I am just so relieved that I am not the only one that wants to leave this hellhole. I thought that when I asked you, you would want to stay, and I would have to leave without you, " she says as she continues sobbing.

At that realization, I sighed out in relief and continued rubbing soothing circles on her back. After some time, she stopped crying and was just hiccuping and sniffling.

"Don't worry, sis. Whatever happens, we're in this together."

***********
It has been a week since Di and I decided to run away on my birthday. It has been business as usual with Whitney and her friends tormenting me, Carter not doing anything about it and then flirting with me like nothing happened.

As I go around my normal chores, the Alpha, Carter, sends a mindlink," Everyone, meet me at my office in one hour." "Yes alpha", resounds through the mindlink as it was closed.

"Do you know what this could be for?" I question my wolf, Gloria, as she seems to know a lot of things even me myself don't know. "You'll have to wait and see, won't you?" She replies with a bit of sass behind her voice.
"You're no fun," I tell her while pouting. "Well, where is the fun in ruining the surprise?" she chuckles as she recedes to the back of my mind.
As I continued my chores, I inwardly bounced as excitement bubbles inside me.
----
One hour later and a lot of people are waiting for Carter to address them. I look around for Danielle and find her talking with Amira and Malik, who are the only people apart from Di that I can call friends.

As I walk over to them, they stop talking and wave me over. I and Di became friends with Amira as she was one of those people who did not like the way Carter was forcing me to become his chosen mate. Sometimes, she helped I and Di with our work as we chatted, and slowly, we all became bestest of friends.
She met Malik under a year ago, and let me tell you, that is one of the craziest things I have witnessed. On her eighteenth birthday, she was running away with the present, I said she could open later in the day. As she was running away from me and Di, she forgot the packhouse was under renovations, and before we knew what was happening, she fell off the second floor balcony. I and Di ran down the stairs hysterically to check on her, only to find her in the arms of a pack warrior that was looking at her like she was an angel that fell out of heaven(A/N: Pun intended).

Before I and Di could even comment, the guy started frantically searching her for any injuries. When he was sure she was fine, he started scolding her. I finally caught on to what happened. My best friend just found her mate.

I looked over at my sister, and she was awestruck. We snapped out of it and rushed over to her. She saw us and just started crying. I can tell you, Malik was totally freaking out as he kept on frantically searching her but couldn't find any problems. What he didn't know was that our friend was very emotional and cried for everything. She later calmed down and started talking to Malik. Since then, we have become close friends.

After some time, Carter finally came to address us. Everyone started to calm down until it became pindrop silent. "Hello, Silverstone pack. I called you all today to inform you that every person who is unmated will be following me to a banquet." The whole hall erupted in whispers, which stopped when Carter raised up his hand. "And that is not all. It is being hosted by the Alpha King as he is looking for his mate and is hosting this banquet in hopes of finding his mate."

This time, everyone was full on shouting because the Alpha king and his pack hadn't been seen or heard from in a very long time, even while Carter's father was still Alpha.

"The banquet will hold one month from now and when we are at the venue, you all should be on your best behavior as I don't want to be disgraced in front of the other packs, are we clear" He says through gritted teeth. "Yes, alpha."Good, you're all dismissed."

As we all walk out, the only thing racing through my mind is how this would be the best way to escape as the chances of joining a new pack become higher if I find my mate. I rush over to Di and grab her wrist, and I mindlink her, "We escape in a month."

Okay, guys. Thoughts? Don't forget to vote, comment, and see you soon.