05

I'm sick

I'm sick.

I got down with the flu and now i'm stuck at home with my parents. It was suffocating.

My mother fended for me, was by my side every fucking second and I was sick of it. It was too late for her to play the role as a mother. "I heard green tea fights bacteria." She says handing me a mug. "And I figured you were hungry." She said handing me tomato soup with grilled cheese on a crystal tray.

"Thanks." I force a smile taking the tray and placing it beside me. "If you need anything just let me know." She smiles softly tucking my hair behind my ear. "Where's dad?" I ask.

"He has a business trip." She shrugs standing up, brushing her hair back with her fingers. "Why are you here mom?" I ask and she looks at me confused. "What do you mean? Your sick?" She pouts.

"Yes, but this isn't the first time i'm sick, and last I remember I have to care for myself." I shrug. "Don't be ridiculous i'm your mother, granted your a lot of work but I'm willing to free my schedule up to care for my sick child." She says and I hum.

I don't know why she's here, maybe she wants something from me.

I grab the sandwich and dip it into the soup and take a bite before spitting it out. "What is this?" I say wiping my tongue with a tissue and drinking some tea. "What's wrong with it?" She asks taking the tray. "Who cooked this?" I ask.

"Me why?" She says. "I think we should leave the cooking to the chefs." I squeeze my nose in disgust, "Maybe you should open the pantry, we have more spices then just salt and pepper." I say sliding out of bed.

"You should rest." She says and I cover my mouth as I cough. "I need something from the bathroom." I say and she grabs my hand. "You will not kill another fucking brain cell under my watch you hear me?" My mothers voice breaks as I turn around to face her, finding a single tear falling down her face.

For once, my mother looked human. She looked like a little girl and that angered me. How could she act so hurt when she's the one who put so much hurt into my life.

"You don't get to have authority all of a sudden when your life gets too boring and you want to play parent!" I screech. "You have no idea what's going on in my life! You can't fathom what it takes to live my life!" She lets go of my hand taking a step back. I can see her composure breaking.

Because for the first time in my life she was crying, in front of my very two own eyes.

"What? Is it that hard to manage runways and ruin your children's lives? It is it really hard to live off your cheating husbands money and buy whatever money can buy?!" I yell back, tears starting to form as I scream, my voice rough, my sickness clear, my voice breaking with each word.

"You have no idea how long i've suffered alone, day after day, year after year, i've wasted my time, i've went through agony and pain and i'm running around in circles. You have no idea how hard it's been for me." She chokes back a sob.