01

It's ironic how I ended up in a position where I promised myself i'd never get to

Through my hazy vision, I walk through the crowded room, high off cocaine, drunk off tequila, and stoned off of weed.

"Where have you been we've been looking all over for you?" Chloe wraps her hand around my arm. "Fuck fuck fuck." I chant looking at her. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"I fucked up, like really fucked up." I say through tears. "What's wrong with her?" Isabella walks over. "We need to go." Isabella says.

I shake my head. "I fucked up guys." I sob clenching Chloe's arm to stop her from walking. "What did you do?" Chloe asks worriedly.

My mouth hangs open, as if unable to speak up the words to explain, so I settle on showing her. I grab her hand and leading her out the back door. Only to find Travis, Jayden, and Lucas.

"What are you guys doing back here?" They ask. But everyone turns silent when they see that state I was in, mascara was dripping down my face, my eyelids grew heavy and my straightened hair was disheveled. "Winter?" Travis shakes me but I ignore him, and walk past them, and down the alley.

I turn around, and through a heave of sobs I force them to promise to never utter a word of what i've done. "Your scaring me Winter." Chloe says. "Good." I say my voice shaking.

I open the door for them and lead them inside. Everyone pauses when they see a still body on the floor. "What the fuck happened?" Isabella asks.

I started to breathe faster, as the air struggled to fill my lungs. "I-I-" I struggle to get the words out. "He tried to rape me." And the room goes dead silent.

"Call the police." Chloe says. "What? No! That can ruin my reputation." I turn around. "It's self defense!" She argues. "Not when his father can twist any story to his favor to save his image." I sob. "What do you mean?" Jayden asks.

I kick his face lightly with my heel, turning his head to face everyone, and the question that hung around the room was answered.

"Tell me you didn't just murder the principles son!" Chloe shrieks. "Please help me."

Lucas walks and holds my face in his hands. "Don't worry, I will get this sorted." He says as he instructs me to calm down. Lucas was the last person I would turn to for comfort, considering we've hated each other since we were born, yet he was the first to handle the situation that could ruin my life.

"No one saw anything, nothing happened, Winter got drunk off her ass and we took her home, that's the story we stick with." He says and everyone nods. Lucas takes out his phone and begins making calls, and it doesn't take long before Jayden and Travis start cleaning up the murder scene.

"Doesn't this just make us even more guilty? We could just call the police and let them handle this." Chloe says. "Call the police and watch just how fast I turn this all around on you." Lucas says and we all pause.