03

I wake up with a backache and a headache and a million missed calls

"Hello?" I say my voice evident i've just woken up. "Where have you been? The Hayes dinner is in three hours!" Chloe yells through the phone and I sit up clutching my temple. "Yeah yeah i'll be ready in time." I yawn and she hangs up when I hear someone call her.

"Winter?" I hear someone knock the door. "Yeah?" I say opening the door while on my knees to find my brother. "You slept in the bathroom again?" He giggles. "Yeah how silly of me." I say standing up. "Mom says you have to start getting ready." Theo says itching his hair. "I will." I smile before shutting the bathroom door.

I look at my self in the mirror. Messy hair, eye bags, and drool down my lips. I tie my hair into a messy bun before brushing my teeth and stepping into the shower. I take a fast everything shower including my skincare and after body care within an hour and a half.

I tie a silk black robe and start doing my hair. I blow dry and straighten my hair as I figured it would be the least time consuming and started on my makeup. I decided on a brown natural smoky eye with a nude lip.

I walk into my walk in closet and rummage for something to wear. I settle on a dark red skin tight off the shoulder sleeveless cocktail dress. Hayes parties were always extravagant especially if it wasn't a close party. I dress up the look with a black fur jacket and wear a red crocodile Hermes kelly clutch bag. I wear black Louboutins and accessorize with a giant diamond necklace and earring.

Since my earrings and necklace were very big and eye catching I decide to wear a simple band on my finger with nothing else.

I finally walk down to the foyer where my father and my brother were wearing black suit and ties and my mom was wearing an emerald green cocktail dress with big shiny diamond sets she bought with her cheating husbands money.

But I can't say that when i'm using his money too.

"Come one we're going to be late." My mother says walking out to the car where our driver prepared a Bentley. The car ride was silent, except for my brother jumping up and down in excitement to play with all the kids. "Now remember Theo honey, don't ruin your suit this is designer." My mother says straightening his tie.

"He's eight. He can ruin the damn outfit if he wants to, it's not like we don't have the money to buy another one." I say and my mother ignores me and my brother giggles.

"We're here." The driver says and we all get out of the car. Looking at Lucas's mansion I allow myself to remember the times where I used to be excited coming here. When Lucas wasn't so—

"You coming?" My mother says impatiently. "Yes." I say my heels clicking against the marble stairs to the entrance. The doors were wide open for people to come and go as they please. Mr, and Mrs.Hayes greeted us at the front door.

"It's always lovely to see you Winter dear." Mrs.Hayes hugs me kissing my cheek. "I can say the same thing about you." I smile genuinely.

"Winter." Her husband acknowledges and I nod with a smile. "Mr.Hayes."