♡ 16

"Damon hasn't said a word to me

"Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he shuts me down." Stefan said to Isabela as they walked through the school hand in hand.

"Do you think he's still trying to find Katherine?" The girl asked.

"I don't know. He waited a hundred and forty-five years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. I mean, it's gotta hurt, right?"

"Definitely. I think it's a little sad. He deserves someone who would love him just as much."

"Just how much I love you?" The vampire asked teasingly, stopping in a hallway, corning Bela in the wall behind her and putting his hands on her waist.

"Absolutely!" Isabela smiles while passing her arms around Stefan shoulders and raising her head for a kiss.

They pulled apart but stayed with their forehead touching. "Go on a date with me." The boy said after they shared a smile.

"Are you asking me or telling me to go on a date with you?" She teases.

"Both?" Stefan said a little sheepish.

"Of course I will go." Isabela agreed with a bright smile.

"I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill, maybe a late movie

"I'm thinking nothing huge, just a dinner at the grill, maybe a late movie." Caroline is saying to the couple, but Isabela is already shaking her head.

"You mean like a double date?" Stefan asked, confused.

"Two pair out on a Friday night coupled. Yeah, a double date." The blonde confirms.

"No." Isabela says matter-of-factly.

"Why not?" The blonde whines, "We all haven't gone out together before, and I don't want it to be uncomfortable for us. Look, the couple dynamics have changed, and there's been a little awkwardness between the rest of the group, Matt and me, and I just think it's important that we get over it."