'Chapter 2'

To level up you have to be the best out of your group. To be the best of your group you had to be better than your opponents. Snapping their neck was justifying that you were better. I was one of the last ones left. Fighting had gotten more real; it wasn't for training anymore it was for survival.

Ballet wasn't dancing or was to be more graceful and swift in your feet as you steal the lives from your enemies, and school, was tests, one wrong answer and you'd be the next body in the ever growing stack. Perfection was the only way to survive and right now, I was holding by a thread.

Leotards and skirts on, the remaking girls, including me, stood in a straight line facing the wall. I get my breath quiver as I heard the familiar tapping of shoes and stick. I stood straighter my hands and body in the right staring position. The two taps signalling the music to play we started.

The piano notes echoing through the room we started our swift but graceful movements. Found from ballet flats to points made my movements unsteady but I tried to cover them behind my best uniform. I spun as the choreography said to and heard a thud next to me.

I continued dancing knowing if I turned, I would be as dead as the girl I'm beside me. I continued feeling as our small ground decreased. The girl to my left was being dragged out, her ragged screams echoing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the final fight, between me and the other competitor. We walked out onto the mat and stood in our separate corners. I knew that this fight depended on my future. If I didn't win this fight, I would be the one, limp and lifeless on the mat.

She immediately ran out at me. I tried to doge her attack, but she quickly turned and kicked my knees making me fall to the ground. I then felt her foot come in contact with my stomach.

I groaned and looked up to see her looming over me. I quickly made my move. I gripped onto her ankles and used my weight to flip her to the ground. She feel with a thud, and I quickly stood to my feet and took a breath.

She crawled up back to her feet and we were back to square 1. I made my move. I went to fake kick her but ducked and kicked her legs out. She fell and I quickly flipped to get in front of her. I kicked her as hard as I could in the face, and she fell backwards.

She was crawling backwards trying to put as much room between me and her, but I kept walking forwards. I rolled on the ground towards her and hit her face with my fist. She collapsed, breathing heavily.

I looked up at the instructor and he nodded. I knew I had to kill her. I looked downwards and was pushed over. I felt the girl on top of me and she was punching me. Her fists coming in contact with my face over and over. I kicked my legs and used my knee's to push her off. I gasped for air. The other girl dragged herself to her feet. She turned to face the instructor and I took my chance.

I ran at her as fast as I could and launched myself on top of her. I wrapped my legs around her neck and slammed my elbows into her skull, over and over. She stumbled with my weight on top of her. I swung my body down and the momentum swung both of us to the ground, I was the only one landing on my feet. I rolled down and then kicked my foot into her face and she fell into the mat. I used all my strength to climb on top of her and beat her as hard as I could. She became weaker and weaker.

I then knew it was nearing the end. I wrapped my hands around her head and closed my eyes. I felt her trying to fight, Her hands clawing at mine, Her breaths ragged and uneven. I twisted my hands and an echoing snap echoed through the room. I felt the girl become limp and her arms fell to the floor. I sat onto my knees opening my eyes. I moved the girl down gently.

I laided her head normally, looking at her. Her eyes were still open, and her mouth was ajar. He lose brown her was stuck to her face, by sweat and blood. I used my two fingers and gently closed her eyes. I then gently grabbed her now cold arms and placed them on her stomach making her look like she was still asleep.

"Child, congratulations." I looked up at a man entering the room. He had a balding head and was wearing thick black glasses. I placed my hands gently in my lap as he approached.

"You are my strong widow; you are going to do great things for this world." He knelt down in front of me. His thick hands went from my cheek to under my chin, he lifted my head up stiffly.

"You are going to shape the century." He chuckled. "Now, come." He stood up leading me out of the room. I followed after him, he lead me down long twisting hallways. I stood with my head straight. I looked into each room we passed. Some filled with training girls, no older than 7. Others were filled with large targets and or weapons. I then noticed the hallways become more darker, the wooden floors shifting to grey concrete. He lead me into a small room with one metal chair in the middle.
"Sit down," I obeyed sitting in the stiff chair.
"You will do great things my child." He walked out of the room leaving me alone. My breaths speeding as I heard a metal wheel squeaking. I looked up as three people entered the room, two nurses and a man dressed in white and finally the metal cart. I looked onto it and saw all sorts of metal weapons. What were they going to do to me now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------