Chapter 9

Natalya's POV
I woke up in a hospital. I looked around and saw a woman in a suit.

"H-hello? Who are you?"

"I'm detective Richards. I'm with the FBI."

"W-where am I?"

"You're in a hospital in Alabama."

"I'm in Alabama?"

"Yes. Is there anyone we can call for you? Any family? A mate?"

"Y-yes. Greyson Bridges. He's my mate. H-his father is Logan Bridges. He's an alpha."

Her eyes widened.

"You're an alpha's son's mate?!"

I gulped.

"Shit! I-I'll have them call right away! Clyde will be sent to their pack for them to handle them."

"B-but aren't you supposed to handle him?"

"In most situations yes. But since your mate is an alpha's son he'll be sent to their pack."

"T-thank you."

The detective walk away. I was now left alone. She came back a bit later.

"Greyson's on his way. He's been told to stop and rest so it might take a while for him to get here."

"So he won't be here right away?"

"No. I'm sorry. He didn't stop looking for you. He wasn't eating nor sleeping."

"O-oh. I-is he okay now?"

"He's been eating lately. His parents have been forcing him."

"W-what happens when he gets here?"

"If they think you're well enough you'll be discharged. He'll take you home then. If they don't think you're well enough then you'll stay here until they think you're ready."

I started crying.

Greyson..I love you...

Please hurry up.

I hope you're okay.

When I was allowed to shower I watched all the dirt flow off of me.

Damn..

Was I really that dirty?

I looked down and saw blood between my legs.

Oh...

Right...

That happened...

Greyson's going to be so mad at me!

I broke down in the shower. A few days later I was still waiting. One day I was watching tv when I heard someone running.

"Baby!"

I looked and saw Greyson. I got up and ran to him. I jumped into his arms.

"You're okay!"

We both started crying.

"I love you!

"I-I love you too Grey!"

He walked to the bed and put me down on it. He cupped my face.

"I'm so sorry it took me this long!"

"I-it's okay. I'm not mad."

"Besides the forced marking did he do anything to you? Did he force you to do anything?"

I nodded.

"Shit! Is the mark gone?"

"I think."

He moved the collar of my hospital gown down to look at my shoulder.

"That's a relief."

He started scanning my body. I sat up and kissed him. About 20 minutes after he got there I was allowed to go home. When I got in the car I was able to breathe again.

I'm going home!

"How do you feel?"

"Happy I'm going home."

"Well I'm happy you're going home too. It's a 12 hour car drive. My plan is to drive straight through. If you want to stop at a hotel we can."

"Can we just go straight through?"

"Yep."

"How long was I gone?"

"Only 2 months."

"Oh god."

I yawned.

"Get some rest. I'll wake you up when we're home. If you're hungry we'll stop and eat. I did bring something for you to eat. I stopped at that damn barbecue place you're obsessed with. I found one on the way to get you. You're fucking lucky they still had what you like."

"You got me brisket?!"

"Knew that'd make you happy."

He handed me a container and a drink. I started eating.

"Holy shit you're the best!"

He chuckled.

"When's the last time you ate?"

"When's the last time I ate? Before I got you. I figured you'd yell at me if I showed up with nothing in my system."

"Well you'd be right! What's this about you not sleeping?"

"Babe why are you interrogating me?"

"The detective told me you weren't okay. I got worried."

"First off eat slowly so you don't throw it all up. Second I looked for you 24/7. I was forced to go to school though. I would leave during lunch to look."

After I ate I went to sleep.

"Hey? We're home."

I jumped up out of the car and ran up to the front door.

"Slow down!"

When he unlocked the front door I ran up to his room and threw myself onto his bed.

"Ah yes! A comfortable bed!"

He chuckled.