Chapter One: Bite Your Tongue.

It was upon an afternoon where a young girl stood in her kitchen. Blue, curly mullet ragged back into what she could make of a ponytail. Chunky headphones upon her head, the buzz of music could be faintly heard beneath the girl's bright, airy hums as she stood on her tiptoes while swaying side to side. Bringing her tattooed hand to grasp the handle of the red pot on the stove, her thick, black glasses perched upon the edge of her nose steamed up as she broke the sweet aroma from its prison, allowing it to wander freely around her small apartment. Grinning brightly, the girl sighed whilst clearing her throat. Grabbing a wooden spoon from off of the oak wooden counter, submerging it within the blushing soup, lowering her head before bringing the spoon to her tulip-like lips, loudly slurping. The girl nodding to herself as she pulled away, stirring the soup around.

Turning the black knob beside the pot, her eyes furrowed when she caught a glimpse of her phone lighting up in the corner of her eye. Only then did she realise that the sweet melody playing down her headphones was a snippet to one of her favourite songs - coincidentally also being her ringtone. Huffing, she ripped her headphones off of her head, wincing when she caught a strand of her hair, giving it one final tug placing the headphones to the side of her before grabbing her phone. Her eyes narrowed at the name displayed on the phone.

'Briar.'

Pressing down on the accept button, she placed her phone on the counter, pressing the speaker icon. "Rin!" Briar called, her tone possessing a certain nasal quality to it, "do I have news for you!" She sang, the woman at the other end of the phone resting her back against her counter,
"Bri," she quietly spoke, "how... how can I help?"
"Well, first of all, you can try and sound a little happier to hear from me," Briar huffed.

Despite being unable to see the woman's face, Rin could picture her sitting at her clean desk with her thin, chapped lips formed into a crooked straight light, eyebrows furrowed, yet there being no creases on her face.

Subconsciously, a smile formed on Rin's unmarked face, her almond eyes coming to a slight squint whilst the woman proceeded to speak, "I know I haven't had any jobs for you recently, but trust me when I tell you this, I have been trying my hardest to find you a brand who would like to work with you and I've finally got you- and the rest- a position that I think you'll be more than happy with," she rambled, "it's just quite difficult because a lot of brands in Moonstone... well, they're just not hiring people like you," Briar stiffly spoke. Rin didn't bother to respond, rather her strawberry coloured lips falling flat, her arms crossing over her chest.

Silence engulfed the pair before Briar inhaled deeply, the sound of frantic clicking being heard by Rin, "but I have managed to find a brand who caters to all sizes and when I was in talks with Lewis, one of the creative directors, he told me that he only had to see a photo of you and he was all over you!" She announced, "I've called everyone else to inform them of this, I know I usually email everyone but this was just too important to not hear your reaction to," she waffled, and for a second, Rin could have sworn a sudden wave of drowsiness hit hear whilst listen to the woman. She swore that Briar would have been better simply just having a conversation with a wall. "Adams Co. has agreed with my deal and you'll be modelling their new fall range that's due to come out in November," she informed. Rin grew numb, a sudden tingling sensation beginning in the tips of her finger before hastily spreading throughout her entire body.
"Did... did I hear you say what I think I heard you say?" Rin quietly spoke, unable to get the words out of her throat as her breathing grew shallow. Briar laughed aloud, an image of the blonde-haired woman throwing her head back entering Rin's mind,
"I wouldn't lie to you, would I?" The woman asked whilst the latter's lips pursed, "you're going to get paid a very healthy sum of money from Mr Adams, I'll tell you that much," she chuckled, "you'll be there with the usual faces... Celina, Rudy, Rueben, Maddy, Daniel and Heather," the woman informed.